1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
397 Posts
I hadn't seen those particular ones, but can say that the ones from "Irons In The Fire" look and work great! Lowers really help stop the buffeting.

Irons In The Fire

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lots of different lowers in use and all seem to help. I am using the OEM lowers with different lexan mounted in them that I made. I liked that they mount onto windshield brackets and do not clamp to fork. Watch out for different lowers fit up with light bars and engine guards. Particularly engine guards that mount in front of frame (like Cobra) can hit lowers if they are very wide.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Or if you are the least bit handy--make em yourself. Do a search for homemade lowers. Lots of good ideas here. I made some from Tonkyman's directions. Turned out great and buffeting almost gone.

http://www.minneapolis-moline.com/lower.html

OOPS! he's on another forum try this link if it still works.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have the meancycles lowers on order,expect to get them in a few days. I like the look of them and hope it solves the buffeting problem. I will post my opinion once I ride with them installed.

·
Registered
684 Posts
KenDawg, how do those big lowers do at 75 mph ??? I am thinking of replacing the plastic on my lowers with something a little bigger, but I was wondering how it would hold up. Thanks !

·
Registered
941 Posts
I like the price of them. And that they say they will work with the lightbar. I already have my turn signals moved.

And the Irons in the fire one are nice too. But I do like the home made ones. I think I would go with a thinner material though.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
KenDawg, how do those big lowers do at 75 mph ??? I am thinking of replacing the plastic on my lowers with something a little bigger, but I was wondering how it would hold up. Thanks !
They work just fine. They hold their position and keep my head still:D

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I like the price of them. And that they say they will work with the lightbar. I already have my turn signals moved.

And the Irons in the fire one are nice too. But I do like the home made ones. I think I would go with a thinner material though.
Thinner materials may flex enough at road speed to negate all the help they were giving. Faster is where you need them the most.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts