Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
hatchcover ... totally unrelated ... thats a good looking ride.

·
Registered
197 Posts
hatchcover ... totally unrelated ... thats a good looking ride.
After spending months reading, looking at photos (yours too) on this forum I decided to add the Memphis Shades Batwing and Mutazu Hard Bags. Tried my hand at spray painting using Paint Scratch kit for the Candy Plasma Blue Tricoat. That was an experience but was able to get close to matching. I'm waiting on another 70 degree plus day to finish adding two more clear coats. So the paint job material wise and shipping $114. I bought the Mutazu hardbags in Royal Blue color thinking I would eventually paint those too. Depending on the time of day (overcast or sunshine) and the angle you see the bike - they match and sometimes they don't!

Do I have a case of the Blues? No, I really have many shades of the Blues!

Thanks - Enjoy reading your post as you have been most helpful whiting57.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,477 Posts
OK

After spending months reading, looking at photos (yours too) on this forum I decided to add the Memphis Shades Batwing and Mutazu Hard Bags. Tried my hand at spray painting using Paint Scratch kit for the Candy Plasma Blue Tricoat. That was an experience but was able to get close to matching. I'm waiting on another 70 degree plus day to finish adding two more clear coats. So the paint job material wise and shipping $114. I bought the Mutazu hardbags in Royal Blue color thinking I would eventually paint those too. Depending on the time of day (overcast or sunshine) and the angle you see the bike - they match and sometimes they don't!

Do I have a case of the Blues? No, I really have many shades of the Blues!

Thanks - Enjoy reading your post as you have been most helpful whiting57.
Tha's Good! Don't feel bad. Ford Motor Co. has 17 shades of Black, and that is without counting many more variations of gloss and sheen. Ride and Enjoy!

·
Registered
273 Posts
blue side bags

I'm usually not a fan of bags, but yours are really sharp looking. Love the matching color especially with the fairing and body all matching. I've tried my hand at spraying using the auto part store mixing the paint, and usiing the pre charged spray cans but I'd be too nervous to paint the ride. I presume you have your own spraying machine? Gary

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I'm usually not a fan of bags, but yours are really sharp looking. Love the matching color especially with the fairing and body all matching. I've tried my hand at spraying using the auto part store mixing the paint, and usiing the pre charged spray cans but I'd be too nervous to paint the ride. I presume you have your own spraying machine? Gary
The batwing was my first spray paint attempt - rattle cans. Actually it turned out pretty good but I thought I needed 2 more oz. of base coat than was in the can (12 oz.). The instructions stated it would cover 6 square feet but I guess it has all to do with technique and experience.

Here's my temporary spray booth - you can see the batwing hanging. I was nervous while painting it. I just threw down $300 plus for a nice shiny black MS batwing and here I go with yet another DIY job! I'm happy!

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
spray booth

Hatch that is a pretty professional setup. DIY is my way to go also. I get teased quite often for instead of buying stuff I try to make it myself, but I love getting good results and saving $. Excellent job on the paint.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Any one have any info. on inexpensive , and , easy install lowers for an LT?

Thanks
Memphis Shades. I got a pair for my '06 Classic (before I sold it). They were easy to install and I think I paid somewhere around $50.00 for the pair.

I know this probably won't help you out much, but I got a set of large lowers from a guy who makes accessories for the Vulcan. They were larger than the ones that came stock on the '09 LT. But for the life of me I can't recall who that was. Sorry.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts