Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone
I'd like to replace my 09 Nomad windshield with a MS Batwing fairing but they don't have any fork mounted lowers for my bike. Having had a MS Batwing on my last bike I know how much wind comes around the forks without some sort of lower set up in place. Is anyone using the MS Batwing on there Nomad and if so what are you using for lowers?
Thanks

·
Registered
769 Posts
Don't they have their own (optional extra) lowers to attach to the bottom of the batwing? I've never heard any bad review of any fairing anyway - they're all supposed to be an improvement over a screen.

When I made my own larger lowers for my Nomad, I just made up a shape in ply, tried them out, then cut that pattern from Lexan. It's an easy, and very self-satisfyingly rewarding project.

·
Registered
186 Posts
The fork covers on a 17?0 will rotate so the Memphis Shades universal mounts will not work. I make a bracket that used the existing bolt on the side of the forks and clamped on the bottom. Made templates out of ply and after hours of riding came up with a working model. Would be happy to share pics. However what really fixed the buffeting was spacing the windshield away from the fairing about 1/4 inch. Took the lowers off when one was damaged in an accident. Doubt if they will ever go back on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Planning using just longer bolts and black UHME plastic. Right now I used nylon spacers from the hardware sore and chrome bolts with steel and rubber washers ad spscets. Either its relatively cheap and reversable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts