Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to decide which lowers to purchase. It appears all of the pictures for the OEM state: "Genuine O.E.M Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Classic / Classic LT without Lightbar Windshield Lowers pt# K46001-334" yet the pictures all show with the lightbar. Come on marketing people, how hard would it have been to take a proper picture of the merchandise you are advertising?

Does anyone have the OEM lower WITHOUT the lightbar installed on their bike and can post a couple of pictures of it?

Does anyone have the Memphis lowers installed and can lost a picture or two.

And before anyone suggest making my own, I don't own a jigsaw. or any other type of cutting tool that I could use for this. By the time I bought the parts and a jigsaw I could have purchased a ready made one. (sure, I would then have a jigsaw, however, I haven't needed one for the past 10 years and don't expect to need it for the next 10 years - or longer).

thanks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I do like the look of them. Did you adjust them up and down to see what worked best or were you just happy with your first try?

·
Registered
521 Posts
First try. They are as high as they can go due to the turn signals.

·
Registered
90 Posts
OK, I have a quick question about fitting the Memphis Shades lowers to a 2009 900 Classic LT with a new Cobra crash-bar installed. Will they fit my bike without modification, since the crash-bar is not a standard Kawasaki accessory?

·
Registered
521 Posts
OK, I have a quick question about fitting the Memphis Shades lowers to a 2009 900 Classic LT with a new Cobra crash-bar installed. Will they fit my bike without modification, since the crash-bar is not a standard Kawasaki accessory?
It should be no problem as you can adjust them forward or back to clear it. (You can adjust them up or down vertically and horizontally.)

When I first installed mine they hit the crash bar as I had them angled back. I just readjusted them until they didn't touch the crash bars.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Thanks for the info, Zzman.....those will be my SECOND addition to the bike then. If they help as much with the wind buffeting as everyone says they do, they will be a welcome addition and money well spent. I LOVE THIS BIKE!!

·
Registered
521 Posts
They really do work well. Much more enjoyable ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts