Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
Got the 240 kit, lowered 3" and scrapped the front & rear of the fender as well as melting the inner splash guard under the seat from all the bottoming out. Back up to 2" but looks like an off road bike now :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
I lowered my 900 Classic to the three inch setting on the Scootworks LoRidr kit, however, I upgraded my rear tire to a 200/70-15 which reclaims about 1/2 an inch so I would say I'm at 2&1/2 inches. Additionally, I replaced my front springs with a set of Scootworks Progressive springs and cut the spacer to lower the front by 1&1/2 to 1&3/4 inches. Do I bottom out? Yes. Has it had any detrimental effect on the bike? None that I have been able to detect.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Got the 240 kit, lowered 3" and scrapped the front & rear of the fender as well as melting the inner splash guard under the seat from all the bottoming out. Back up to 2" but looks like an off road bike now :(
dude your bike looks good I felt the same way when i went back up to 2" but when you sit on it when at 2" it looks good not like an off road bike LOL Also have you thought of taking that splash guard off I know where it rubs I cut mine down to the top bolts holding it on but i think i might just get rid of it I dont ride in much rain at all

·
BOTM Winner, February 2014
95 Posts
Also have you thought of taking that splash guard off I know where it rubs I cut mine down to the top bolts holding it on but i think i might just get rid of it I dont ride in much rain at all
Was thinking about removing it too, but with not running any belt guards, it does tend to provide a little protection from debris getting thrown up & bouncing around into the belt.... false sense of security maybe.

Cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts