Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, we typically get about two up, the bike is nicely set up now with all things sorted and fettled bar one minor issue. My wife finds the passenger foot boards are too high making it uncomfortable with her knees being overly cramped up. Tends to makes long hauls somewhat uncomfortable

On our ole intruder 1500, we had the board lowering kit, worked a treat making things real comfy like for long hauling.

Question is, has anyone attempted lowering their passenger boards? OR, know of any kits to achieve this??

Cheers Ando

·
Registered
894 Posts
I was just about to have custom extensions for pass pegs for my 1600, the stock position is way to close and high, will have to transfer my concern to the beast. When I tried to find aftermarket offset for the 1600 they're was none or the only one I found was way, way to expensive (and it wasn' t even that good looking).
Need to give her the space to stretch the legs and if possible get more than one position for her feet, kind of like I have with the crash bar pegs.
Once I come up with a design that don' t screw the looks of my beast will post results. If possible I plan to try bracket that will let me slip the peg assembly on and off to keep the clean look when riding solo.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Not lower, but i fabbed up brackets to move them 2" forward. Wife loved the improvement allowing her knees to straighten out more.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Hey Ando... I have no idea what your V2K passenger floorboard mounts look like, but I had excellent success moving the boards further away on my Nomad - using David Parson's mod shown on this page of Gadgets.

It's not worth buying any in (and I don't think he makes them anymore anyway). I just fabbed my own.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not lower, but i fabbed up brackets to move them 2" forward. Wife loved the improvement allowing her knees to straighten out more.
Yep I'm with ya on that one Dr, the cardboard mock up I've made (Exhaust side) so far also moves em forward some what for more reach.

The bigger issue is dealing with them big pipes, they don't allow much drop unless ya push the boards out. The other option I'm looking at is replacement pipes due to my lower pipe being just about worn through. This then changes the whole set up.

Cheers

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Hey Ando... I have no idea what your V2K passenger floorboard mounts look like, but I had excellent success moving the boards further away on my Nomad - using David Parson's mod shown on this page of Gadgets.

It's not worth buying any in (and I don't think he makes them anymore anyway). I just fabbed my own.
Hey Peg, how goes things? Thanks for the link., gee I like that slightly angled set up, seems to make good sense. We're running HD boards on the sled with modified mounts that are um, well shall we say 'quite' robust.

I've mocked up a cardboard mount with slightly longer reach as this was an easy 'get'. The biggest issue is, I'm running foul with those big mufflers in the way on the RHS. May have to settle for a temp flat plate set up till I work out what the far out I'm gonna be doin with the pipes due to the damage on the lower muffler. Near on worn through due to dragging on the tarmac on our twisty stuff :)
Cheers Ando

1 - 7 of 7 Posts