Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search on this already and couldn't find exactly what i was looking for. anyways, i want to put the 200 series metzler on the rear, along with lowering and the scootworks pulleys. 2 questions. will all this work together? and which pulley is everyone using, or could i use both with this setup? sorry for the newb questions but the search function didn't answer these questions.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I just put on the 200 Metz 880 this week, and it fits fine as my bike is stock in every other way as far as no pulleys or lowering.

I was told the rear 200 will NOT fit with an aftermarket pulley. Anyone else care to confirm this?

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I've heard that, without mods, the 200 Metz will not work with the front pulley, as it pulls the rear tire forward a bit. It should work with a rear pulley upgrade, as that will allow it to slide back a bit.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i dont know about the pully but i know the 200 works with a lowering kit. i have the custom with a 1" drop and the metzler 200 on the back. ive put on about 200 miles on it so far and absoluty no bottoming out. i do not have either of the pullies on it so i dont know about that part of it. good luck

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i rather lower it and put overdrive pulleys oncause im on the highway more often. which pulley do i go with, or can i go with both?

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I just picked up a Avon 200 on a Custom 900 stock wheel from LitlDeuce for my 900 Classic because on the Custom, which I understand was lowered, caused the bike to bottom out when riding two up. Not sure if he has the Scootworks pulley on the bike or not.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would rethink going with both pulleys. Just the front pulley is a huge improvement, but both would make it strictly a slab cruiser with low end power virtually gone. I think you could use the rear pulley and that tire w/o the front pulley installed. Can anyone back me up on this?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would rethink going with both pulleys. Just the front pulley is a huge improvement, but both would make it strictly a slab cruiser with low end power virtually gone. I think you could use the rear pulley and that tire w/o the front pulley installed. Can anyone back me up on this?
I think you are right. From what I understand increasing the tire size (width and height) does the same thing as changing the pulley.

·
Registered
719 Posts
The effect of tire diameter can be calculated and compared with ratio changes from pulleys. I really didn't notice a change (except speedo was then near perfect) when I installed my Avon at 300 miles the Lop got a hole. The 900 has plenty of torque so it would take a drastic final drive ratio change (like changing both pulleys) before you would notice. There's plenty of room for a rear pulley w/Avon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts