Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 09 Vulcan 900 custom special edition just two days ago, and now its time to make her mine. I am having trouble locating a lowering kit. Ebay has just 2 types, that look nothing alike and scootworks only has one type and its $159 plus tax and shipping. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks
DP

·
Registered
953 Posts
I bought a 09 Vulcan 900 custom special edition just two days ago, and now its time to make her mine. I am having trouble locating a lowering kit. Ebay has just 2 types, that look nothing alike and scootworks only has one type and its $159 plus tax and shipping. Does anyone have any pointers?

Thanks
DP
I got the LA choppers one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHOPPERS-REAR-LOWERING-KIT-KAWASAKI-VULCAN-900-06-11-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ae1174652QQitemZ390323455570QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I think that is the only "type" the other photos are just stock photos and are not the actual lowering kit.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey Bigsarge, when you fitted your lowering kit, did you have to remove your swept pipes first??

I am about to get one and also have swepts on my Custom.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had too take the pipes off my bike, at lease the top on as u have too remove the bolt and nut that holds it too the swing arm. The nut is under the right rear pass. peg. I believe u got too remove the left side cover and remove the overflow tank to remove the bolt. Then the other side of the link is attached too the spring. make sure the bike is all supported and the rear tire is off the ground before doing all of this. When u get the old link out there is a sleave in the old link that will need too be switched over too the new one. Mine already have the bearing installed. yours might be different.

·
Registered
193 Posts
danbroke and bigsarge, thanks for your replies. I'll give it a go with the pipes on as the heat shields are a pain to put back on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts