Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone who lowered their custom have issues with the kickstand being to long and causing the bike to sit straight? I am about to lower mine and not sure if i should find a shorter kickstand, im using the LA choppers one if that helps.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Had this problem when I lowered the 800A .. I swapped mine out with a 1500 Kickstand.. make sure you get the spring as well .. plentiful at the wreckers.

Check out stands from similar, older and later models, you may find they are interchangeable as I did and save yourself some coin ..

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Nope. Lowered mine about 1-1/2" and no problem at all. I'd expect that if you dropped it 3" that would be a concern though.

You're using the LA Choppers what? Kickstand? Lowering Kit? I don't think where the kit came from makes any difference. The end result of how low you're going is what's important.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope. Lowered mine about 1-1/2" and no problem at all. I'd expect that if you dropped it 3" that would be a concern though.

You're using the LA Choppers what? Kickstand? Lowering Kit? I don't think where the kit came from makes any difference. The end result of how low you're going is what's important.
LA choppers is the lowering kit brand, it 1 or 2 inch, im planning on doing 2. In the instructions it says you may need a different kickstand.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I lowered my rear 2 inches and the front about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inches and the bike has never fallen. In the fall I replaced the rear 180/70-15 tire with a 200/70-15 which raised the rear about 1/2 an inch so I took the rear all the way down to the 3 inch level and still have no problem.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
LA choppers is the lowering kit brand, it 1 or 2 inch, im planning on doing 2. In the instructions it says you may need a different kickstand.
Ok. I'd say they were just covering their butt and say the same thing for all bikes.

I doubt you'll need to change your kickstand. Mine's just fine at the 1-1/2" drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts