Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to remove the exhaust to lower the bike? I search long before starting the thread and couldn't find anything. I'm almost sure that I saw somewhere a write up how to remove that lower bolt without removing the pipe. If anybody knows what I'm talking about, please help.
Thanks..

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi tcrider;

Looks like 128 other guys were looking to find out as well :)

Sorry I can't help you out...

But where on the Treasure Coast are you? I have a place in PSL

WEG

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi tcrider;

Looks like 128 other guys were looking to find out as well :)

Sorry I can't help you out...

But where on the Treasure Coast are you? I have a place in PSL

WEG
Well, I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.
I haven't updated my profile. I used to live in PSL. NOw I'm in the Jupiter area.

·
Registered
347 Posts
If I recall correctly ("IIRC") yes, you need to remove the pipes. Its no big deal to do that, but please purchase 2 new crush gaskets for the pipes when you re-install them.

You also need a secure lift for the bike, but that goes without saying doesn't it?

Also, it can be a real pain in the a$$ to remove and then re-install the link - it only seems to go up into the frame one way - and it is a bit aggravating trying to do it. Make sure the bearings are well greased when you put it all back together. My bike, being a 2012, does not have the grease fittings on the rear suspension so it is best to get enough grease in the bearings while it is all apart.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Brand

What brand lowering kit is everyone using. I am going to buy one soon and was wondering what everyone's opinions were.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts