Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Lowered Classic LT

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Brichm03 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a 2006 900 Classic LT, my gf is 5ft nothing and has some trouble getting on the bike. Does anyone have before and after pics of lowering the rear 2in?

Thanks,
Brandon

#2 ·
Not only would that mess up the handling big time but you will be scraping hard parts on the pavement.
Lowering the passenger pegs would make a lot more sense.
If she can't get on the bike with floorboards then she's not trying hard enough.
Maybe she would like her own bike.
My sweetie is 4' 11" and she can mount my bikes with little fanfare.
Good luck.

JJ

#3 ·
Is there a difference between lowering the classic LT and the custom?

#4 · (Edited)
nope no difference at between lowering the classic and the custom... and there are a few classics on here that are lowered...yes you will loose some lean angle but not much if you are only doing the rear..... pegs wont scrape much sooner but the stock exhaust will be easier to scrape, if fact it will scrape before the peg... It will not mess up the handling...I didnt really notice much difference in handling at all but the increased rake did actualy improve stability at speeds above 10kph...

#5 ·
i lowered mine 3" then 2" and I couldnt stand riding it like that every right turn was just scraping my pipe. But to your dilemma when is she trying to get on? I have returned my biek back to stock height with a 200 in the rear and my wife whose 4'11" has zero issues on n off. I get on the bike first stand it up and then she places a foot on the peg and uses that to mount the bike.

#6 ·
Get her some biker boots with 4" heels and then sign her up for Yoga classes so she can learn to swing that leg. A lot cheaper then lowering and replacing scrapped pegs and pipes. And you might benefit too :&

#7 ·
Just be cautious that lowering may make the suspension stiffer.

Maybe soften the suspension a notch or two? Then when you get on, you'll cause the bike to squat a bit, making it easier.

My wife is 4'11", she mounts the bike like a horse. Puts her left foot on the peg, one arm on me, and lifts herself up and swings her leg over. Been doing it like that for a long time and I've never heard a complaint. She rides her own too, but that dang bike is so small I look like a clown when I ride it.

You may also try leaving the bike on it's side stand (with you on it and with a good grip on it!) and letting her get on like that (when the left side will be much lower) and then lifting the bike upright afterwards. I've done that before to let my little niece ride around a parking lot with me.

#8 ·
4 short girls just on this page.
I don't know about softening the suspension to ride 2 up.
Seems problematic.
Leave on sidestand might work if the floorboard isn't slippery.
Floorboards should make it easy.

JJ

#9 ·
I've messed with the rear suspension to make it better when there are two people on it, I may just wait until the bike needs a new rear tire and swap to a 200, two benefits in one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.