Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2009 VN1700G...thats the Classic LT.

I have the factory Kawasaki OEM lower wind deflectors that attach to the factory windshield.

I added a Cobra Lightbar, http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/chrome-steel-lightbar-vulcan-1700-classic-lt-09-up/part/BLV4-0465, but not the lowers no longer fit.

What is happening is that they sit up to high, so the metal plate on the lower does not fit where the lower blinkers are positioned.

Anyone know of another set of lowers that will work with this setup?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pics of the problem would help. There are a lot of members here that do not have your bike/model of 1700 that may have ideas that would help. My first thought is to fabricate something that will fit your application.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Or you can get rid of them like I did as I think they do not make much difference anyways and tends to look crappy and with out has a better profile. I took mine off as soon as I got the bike as I like a clean look. Everyone is different that what makes the world go round and round and round.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I notice the wind buffeting difference with them off, so I want them back on.

Basically I need the bracket extended by 2 1/2 - 3", so that the actual lower plexi part will clear the blink position. I may just have a short extension welded onto the bracket and have it re-drilled.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts