Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
fairing

I found some chrome lowers in a Harley shop that were intended for use on a Softail Classic. I put the left one on the right and the right one on the left on my V2K and they look great. I had to drill a couple of new holes to match the V2K holes in the forks but other than that they look like OEM. I will try to get a picture and attach later.:D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Does anyone know where i can find lower fairings for my 2000 classic LT?
If you're talking about lower fairings like some harley models have (see pic below) I've never seen them anywhere for the V2K.

If you've got crash bars on your bike another option would be to get removeable chaps like on my bike below. I mostly use them for cold weather riding and they go on and off in about a minute. I got mine from here:

http://airlite.ca/index.php

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everbody but i think i might have to buy some harley bars and cut them off and reweld them on my mounts.Then buy the lowers from harley

·
Registered
987 Posts
V2K lowers

thanks for the info V2KCruiser! Do you have OEM engine guards or are they Custom World, Kurykyn, etc? I tried the Harley generic "flappers" on my V2K but they won't stay taut because of the slanted lower mounts on my OEM bars.:cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
563 Posts
engine guard lowers

You should not have to do anything to your bars. Go to http://www.sagebrushdesigns.com/
they can make leather lowers to fit anything. I have aftermarket engine guards on my 2006 V2K, was not sure what brand they were. I just emailed them a couple of pics and they got it right the first time. Really seemed to know what they are doing. Mine fit like they came from the factory, don't flap at all and do a GREAT job.

Thanks everbody but i think i might have to buy some harley bars and cut them off and reweld them on my mounts.Then buy the lowers from harley

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Those Airlite chaps look like the way to go. Marine grade vinyl. Way better than using leather. Will withstand any elements and lasts many years. Thanks for that link. I think I am buying that one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts