Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am searching for Lower Wind Deflectors for my 2004 vn2000. I have the Memphis Shades Fats windshield. I checked Memphis Shades and looks like they only carry the lower deflector kits for 06-07 vn2000. Anyone have lower deflectors on a 2004 vn2000A1 or know where I can find any. I see National Windshield carries the metal deflectors. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
The general consensus seemed to be the ones for somewhat earlier model Harley Heritage Softail were the most effective both price wise and wind wise. Unfortunately, those have been supersceeded by a new model that may still work but has a Harley logo cut into them.

It's possible you might find some of the previous model around. Someone else here was looking not long ago, don't know if they ever found a set.

There is a pretty good thread about them on this forum if you do a little searching.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone out there used the Harley Heritage Softail Lower Deflectors on the Vulcan 2000? I'm trying to get some feedback on how they worked and how they mounted tot the forks. I have the 2004 vn2000A1 model.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
There are a few people that has done it on there but I don't know how many of them are still active on here. I know whoaru99 (posted above) has. I was going too and that is when I found out about the superseded part. I searched around at a few local dealers and online for someone that might still have a set on the shelf, but came up empty. But I have not continued my search for something else. It is just not the high on the priority list right now.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
please do. What part number did your order and where did you order them from?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The part number is 57400143 (Fork Mount Wind Deflectors). I ordered them from my local Harley Davidson Shop. You can also order them on the HD website. They actually fit on a 2013 Heritage softail classic, but also work on my 2004 V2K. They are 99.95 + tax.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Do they have the HD badge stamped in them like the picture on the website shows?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yep, thats the only thing. Not as noticable though as the blown up pic.
Looks like Scootworks sales a pair wo any logo on them but dont know how much. Beast Rider bought a set for his V2K.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I installed the HD lower deflectors yesterday on my 2004 vn2000. Install was fairly easy with a little modification by drilling a hole below the bottom hole the manufacturer drilled so they would mount up to the holes in the forks where the windshield mounts to the forks.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts