Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2006 vulcan 2000. The piece that holds the clutch cable that is on the cover under the bike before it hooks to the lever has broke and won't hold the cable. How can o fix this without having to buy a new cover? I don't have soldering experience. Please help. Thank you.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Hello I have a 2006 vulcan 2000. The piece that holds the clutch cable that is on the cover under the bike before it hooks to the lever has broke and won't hold the cable. How can o fix this without having to buy a new cover? I don't have soldering experience. Please help. Thank you.
Frankly, I've never checked the material but if it is cast aluminum someone might be able to weld it.

Otherwise, unless you can make some other sort of bolt-on adapter bracket, probably stuck buying a replacement cover. Might be able to find a used one on eBay, et al, for a fraction of new price.

There are some very good structural adhesives these days, but I'm pretty skeptical that would work for this situation.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Cover

If you could disassemble the parts and take them to someone who does TIG welding (Tungsten Inert Gas) you might be able to save something over a new cover. You could try JB Weld epoxy which is fantastic stuff, but I'm not sure if it would hold together in a situation like this with constant flexing. If you got it Tig welded it would be as strong (or stronger) than new providing it was done by a competent welder.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I really live just off highway 6 and 288. Wife and I eat at the Reef, a lot. Next time we go there I will try to send you a message, and maybe we can meet up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts