Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking about getting a wider and lower profile tire for my 2009 900 classic Lt. Does anyone know how wide and how low I can fit without changing anything else?

·
Registered
711 Posts
First one I've seen asking for a lower and wider tire. I know you can go up to 200/70/15 without the need for any modifications and to a 230/60/15 with minor mods but those sizes will make your tire taller. One thing to consider and I know you didn't ask is that by downsizing to a smaller tire your 900 will rev even higher than it does now with the OEM tire. Now I'm interested to see if there're lower profile tires so let see what the crowd have found.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. I guese I don't really want to go lower profile but I would like to go wider.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Then the 200 will look perfect and if you want more then go for the 230 but in my opinion it looks like a donut on that small rim but to each his own.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Personally, I went with the Avon 230 and couldn't be happier. It is noticeably wider and rides smooth. You will have to either notch or remove your lower belt guard and perhaps trim your inner splash guard cause the tire is slightly taller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts