Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my '04 500 has the stock bars on it, which is fine, but I'm hoping to customize a bit as time goes by. I like the lower profile look of drag bars, but i DON'T want to be hunched over like a crotch rocket. With short risers and a standard drag bar, I think the grips will be pushed too far forward. My thought was short risers and go to a more standard bar with a little bit of rise, but then rotate the bar back towards the tank so that the 'rise' of the bar actually points back towards me. Between that and the natural pullback angle, I would think the bars would sweep back farther and have that low profile look I would like.

Just wondering if anyone else has done something similar or has suggestions/recommendations.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If you buy the harley/kawasaki adapter bolts (or ream the existing holes) the world is your oyster. I've got 4" swept back risers and drag bars. I think you are right that it will be a bit too far forward to be comfortable for long rides, but I'm ok with that.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Here you go:

They're old Harley ones but I couldn't tell you what specifically. They are ally though not chromed steel. I like them.

I did have straight 6" ones on there for a while. They looked good too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts