Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having issues with the low fuel indicator on my 2010 Classic. It works without a problem when its supposed to (when the fuel is low) but the problem I've been having is it also kicks in sometimes when I've filled my tank. It doesn't stay on forever but it starts to blink when I start the bike which I figured was normal but than I noticed that it doesn't stop right away. Its happend a few times now..........never for the same length of time (varied from a couple seconds to about 5 minutes).

Does anyone else have this problem? Any idea what would cause it? The bike is still under warranty as I just got it in October last year so should I just bring it in to have it looked at? Any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Does the Classic have a"Full"indicator when the fuel tank is full? Did it do this even after you just bought the bike?

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
When I am slightly above 1/4 tank, every time I take off (accelerate from a stop or just crank it going down the road) it goes into low fuel warning for a little bit. Then at 1/4 tank it is on all the time. I can still go 50 miles or so easy.

I never noticed how long it takes the low fuel warning to go away when I fill up. I just reset the trip meters and average MPG and go and don't even look at the center dash for a while.

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
I never noticed how long it takes the low fuel warning to go away when I fill up. I just reset the trip meters and average MPG and go and don't even look at the center dash for a while.
Ours don't show a low fuel warning after we fill up, it immediately says full on the range setting. It will stay "ful"l until it can measure how much fuel is in the tank. then give you a range.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I know... I just never look at it as it is not that important to me.... I know when it is full, I don't need something to tell me its full.... that why I never notice what the heck it does....

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Understood, it's not saying full as if one was an idiot and had to be told. What is really saying is that it can't calculate the range when the gas is all the way to the top.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
Too bad we cant input how much we paid for the gas so it would show us how much a mile it cost to go. Naw....... that would be too depressing....

Our gas went down yesterday from 4.19 to 3.65.... fill er' up boys.........

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the "FULL" indicator but it shows where the range number would be when the tank is full. When the tank is low, there is a fuel level indicator light that flashes along with the gas gauge when it hits the last segment and the word FUEL replaces the numbers in the odometer that flashes. I understand why all this would happen when the tank is low but it makes no sense for this to happen with a full tank. It doesn't happen every time either...........thats what has me concerned and makes me think there is something wrong.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts