Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know if the low fuel light is separate from the actual fuel gauge?

I replaced the speedo face plate and repositioned the needle when reassembled. Now its on F when acutally full. But now I concerned do to the issues Ive read about Ill run out of gas before it hits E now.

Just looking to verify the fuel light will engage regardless of needle position.

Thanks

Frank

Here is pic of new faceplate (pic taken with phone camera so not best quality)

·
Registered
657 Posts
If you know about how many miles you get on a tank of gas, then it shouldn't be a problem finding out. I would imaging the light has nothing directly to do with the needle itself... soooo run a tankful and let us know what happens...:cool:... BTW, kewl looking face plate..

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tried the gas gauge fix, it seems to have affected the neddle but not the low fuel light. The light still comes on at about 160 miles, but the needle is no longer resting on E. I thought the fix would have affceted the low fuel light as well.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
WOW, THAT IS too SWEET!!!!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I tried the gas gauge fix, it seems to have affected the neddle but not the low fuel light. The light still comes on at about 160 miles, but the needle is no longer resting on E. I thought the fix would have affceted the low fuel light as well.
I did the fix as well. The light comes on at about 30 miles later than it used to (~160 then and ~190 now). Hmmmm.. strange!!! I have a daigram of the plug behind the dash unit and the light has it's own wire going in so who knows what's going on... except it all seems to work really well.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
941 Posts
How hard is it to take the gauge apart? Can you change the bulbs inside of the gauge to a different colour?

Those are pretty sweeet gauges. Who ever does the naked lady art uses chicks that have bolt ons for models. Wife wouldn't go for that anyhow, and she wouldn't let me use her for a pic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts