Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 2008 Vulcan 2000 Classic and when i pull out in first doing about 10mph and go to crank down on it, it will bogg down like it's starving for fuel and when i hit 2nd and 3rd it does the same but after that it does fine when i hit 4th and 5th. Has anyone else had this problem, i have had it in the shop and they said it was due to a rev limiter.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Actually, the rev limiter kicks in at the top end. Close to red line. For us maniacs won't blow up our big twins. Your shop guys must be misunderstanding. It sounds as though your dumping too much fuel at the low end. Any after market fuel processors? It is FI, right? Post back with mileage and all mods.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It depends. He may be hitting the rev limiter, it works in all gears and is easy to hit in the first 3 gears. Do you think you are hitting the 5000 rpm range or is it just like you are starving for fuel. Put it in 3rd gear at low RPM maybe around 20mph and roll on the throttle hard. If you have no power right off the start you have something else wrong but of you have lots till maybe 40mph then you are hitting the rev limiter and have to learn to short shift. I know guys not used to this bike can have problems hitting the limiter in the lower gears. I know I did...

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
It depends. He may be hitting the rev limiter, it works in all gears and is easy to hit in the first 3 gears. Do you think you are hitting the 5000 rpm range or is it just like you are starving for fuel. Put it in 3rd gear at low RPM maybe around 20mph and roll on the throttle hard. If you have no power right off the start you have something else wrong but of you have lots till maybe 40mph then you are hitting the rev limiter and have to learn to short shift. I know guys not used to this bike can have problems hitting the limiter in the lower gears. I know I did...
That's right the rev limiter can kick in in any gear...that's why I said red line.

The way I read his post is at 10 miles an hour when he Reefs on it it boggs down. I don't get how that elates to even getting close to red line. :confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts