Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search and got conflicting reports which screw is the vertical. need to raise it up, only shines about 40 feet in front of bike. High beam seems ok. manual shows left side looking at light from the front is vertical and the horizontal is on the right. I always assumed sitting on the bike was considered left and right. owners manual has a picture, one post show just backwards.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
From the owner's manual it looks like vertical adjustment is on throttle side. Same goes for what is shown in the service manual.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the owner's manual it looks like vertical adjustment is on throttle side. Same goes for what is shown in the service manual.
when I did a search, others post said it was just backwards from what was in the manual. I am going to go with manual but is does not show which way to turn it to bring it up. seems it take many turns to move very little. thanks AZGeek for reply

·
Registered
529 Posts
I did a bunch of adjusting on mine after my HID install and I am 90% sure that the vertical is on the drive side or non-throttle side of the bike. Best way is to start the bike, park in front of a wall or your garage door, or the tailgate of your truck, and give it a crank. Start with the non throttle side though because I think that's it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Whenever I do mine. I measure the height from the center of the bulb, go to the wall and make a mark 4" below that measurement, then back the bike up 25' and adjust the center of the beam to that mark.
You'd be surprised at how many are low from the factory.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
finally got around to adjusting my headlight. as per the manual the vertical is on the throttle side. looking at the light from the front it is on the left side. I had to take the headlight out to see where the adjustments were, a 2 person job makes it easier.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation on the locations. Bummer to hear that it goes better with a second pair of hands.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chuck, mine is 2008 Custom. what does your manual say? I marked my garage wall at the top of the light with blue tape. tried the clutch side first, would bring it up but the beam was angled. to me that was the horizontal so I made it back level sitting on the bike. this is why I used some help, then adjusted throttle side and brought up and level. I also looked at how the light sat in the chrome ring, was not centered before I started adjusting. I guess they may have changed it at some point.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I went out on the highway at night and tried it then rode then tried it then rode it. Took me several tries to shine on the road where i wanted it. Came from dealer to low for my satisfaction.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts