Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed a lower chin from low and mean (or simular) on their 900. Looking to get one for my 2017 900 custom.

Looking for thoughts and tips

·
Registered
191 Posts
I think they look great. Here is one on mine.

I really dig the added rake from those triple trees. Gives it a nice stance IMO.

·
BOTY Winner 2015!, BOTM Winner, July 2015
136 Posts
I really dig the added rake from those triple trees. Gives it a nice stance IMO.
Thanks, gotta agree. 6 degrees over stock. It might be my diseased imagination, but the bike seems to actually carve the canyons a little better with those trees on. A bit/lot more confidence inspiring around the curves, the foot pegs underside can testify to that. The trees came from Sumo-X, as well as the rear wheel. Only regret on the trees was purchasing the polished aluminum instead of the chrome plated set.

As far as Low and Mean products, the chin, and the front fender. Also not seen from Low and Mean in a custom speedo faceplate. IIRC the rear fender mounted brake and turn cluster is from them as well. Good stuff!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, bit the bullet and ordered some parts to install fot the spring. Low and mean chin and mesh grill, saddleman renegade solo seat, switchblade style brake and clutch levers, bike master low profile mirrors and memphis shades bullet fairing. Still need to decide on the rear fender eliminator i will do (trim down stock or replace stock with r & g racing metal bracket. Lots of work to do before spring, but too cold here to do the work just yet.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Thanks, gotta agree. 6 degrees over stock. It might be my diseased imagination, but the bike seems to actually carve the canyons a little better with those trees on. A bit/lot more confidence inspiring around the curves, the foot pegs underside can testify to that. The trees came from Sumo-X, as well as the rear wheel. Only regret on the trees was purchasing the polished aluminum instead of the chrome plated set.

As far as Low and Mean products, the chin, and the front fender. Also not seen from Low and Mean in a custom speedo faceplate. IIRC the rear fender mounted brake and turn cluster is from them as well. Good stuff!
Yeah I read through your build, I'm shooting for a similar look, probably not as much chrome and a few other minor differences, plus I cannot commit to a big budget like you set aside. At least not yet. One thing I saw you do was the rear caliper relocation. I can't remember if that was Sumo-x or one of the other companies, but it's a clever idea. Hide it behind the exhaust to open up the wheel. I don't think I would have thought of that on my own. It will probably be next on my list after I get the color match on the fairing done. All in all, it's one of the nicer 900's I've seen. Well done.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A call out to anyone who has installed a low and mean chin. I got one for my 900 custom. I also ordered the honey comb grill. The problem is there are no instructions on how to mout the grill. It would also seem the 2 way tape and adhesive mentioned on the web site are no where to be found.

Any advice on how to mount the grills?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts