Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think finally in my search for the best bike I ever owned is over. I have had just about them all, BMW's, suzuki's, Harley,honda's, now that I'm older and wiser and downsizing in weight especially, I bought a 2007 Vulcan 900 classic about six weeks ago, and can't stop riding it, even the wife at two up loves it.it handles great on the twists and highway, gas mileage terrific,power is there when I need it. And you guys and ladies on this forum are awesome. Looking forward for what years I have left, riding my Vulcan every chance I can. Vetone

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Vetone, although I haven't had as many bikes as you (1 ea. Honda, Yami, Suzzi and now Kaw) I felt the same way after a few hours on my Custom. 3 1/2 years and 24k miles later I still feel the same way.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Vetone, yes these are very good cruisers. I did a lot of research before buying mine. Toss up between the V-star 950 and the Vulcan. I like liquid cooling since I live in Florida.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Funny thing Magyar, I too was debating between the vstar 950 and the Vulcan, but I had a 2005 Vulcan 1500 classic and liked that but got a lil heavy in traffic and parking lots.So that was one reason I went with the 900 classic, plus the price was right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
vulcan choice.

the custom sees to have it all. wish it was a bit more powerful and lightly less vibration over 70. but it has all that i want in styling and balance. have a great time with yours.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I think finally in my search for the best bike I ever owned is over. I have had just about them all, BMW's, suzuki's, Harley,honda's, now that I'm older and wiser and downsizing in weight especially, I bought a 2007 Vulcan 900 classic about six weeks ago, and can't stop riding it, even the wife at two up loves it.it handles great on the twists and highway, gas mileage terrific,power is there when I need it. And you guys and ladies on this forum are awesome. Looking forward for what years I have left, riding my Vulcan every chance I can. Vetone
I put 140 miles on my 09 classic saturday through the twists and turns Iowa & Nebraska and came back from the ride saying the same thing. This is my first cruiser. Once out of the stop and go of the city you can get lost for hours on this machine.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Welcome. Since I bought my 900 as my first bike, I often wonder about buying a different bike, it's good to hear from you guys that have had others and like this one as one of the better ones. Every time I think about getting another bike, I ask myself "what is it they can do that I can't do on this one?" Puts that smile back on my face every time.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I considered the Suzuki Boulevard and the VN 900 Custom as my final choices. I went with the 900 Custom simply because it has a 5.1 gal fuel tank and the Suzuki has only 4.3. Once I signed for the Kawi, I never looked back ! I love this bike.

Happy Riding

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the custom sees to have it all. wish it was a bit more powerful and lightly less vibration over 70. but it has all that i want in styling and balance. have a great time with yours.
I'm with ya. I'm gonna be stepping up to a VN2K before long, And I really wish I could justify keeping the 900, too. I know when the time comes I'll miss it. Mine's a Classic and I love it, But I want something bigger for the reasons you mention here.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I put 140 miles on my 09 classic saturday through the twists and turns Iowa & Nebraska and came back from the ride saying the same thing. This is my first cruiser. Once out of the stop and go of the city you can get lost for hours on this machine.
Where are you at in NE? Have you taken 275 from C.B. to Glenwood yet? Not too many nice sweepy roads in these parts, but the Loess Hills trail is pretty good.

And actually, the stop & go is one area where I really like this bike. It's light weight makes it easy to maneuver, but it still looks & handles like a full size cruiser (minus a little bit of power).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I love reading all this feed back on my posting, about what I think is a terrific motorcycle.I just got back from a 100 mile ride on the beautiful back roads here in Pa. The Vulcan performed like it was built for not only me, but the twists and roads I traveled. It's sunny 75 degrees, no wind ,on my Vulcan, I keep thinking "Did I die and gone to heaven. :) vetone

·
Registered
112 Posts
I also tested a Suzuki M50, V-Star 950 and Triumph America, and while they're all good bikes I knew the VN900 was the one for me as soon as I started riding. I don't think anything else is this nimble while still having a 'big bike' feel. I was originally intending to get a bigger bike but the extra weight (I commute) and the extra costs of buying, insuring and running put me off. If I end up doing a lot of long distance 2-up touring I might get another bike -- I don't want to turn the Custom into a bagger -- but only if I can afford to keep my 900.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I bought my 900 classic new in 09. I rode 325 km through a very senic part of the province on Saturday. Smiles all the way. Its a great bike and only burned 14 litres of gas on the ride.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I do a lot of looking and talking about what my next bike will be, but whenever I sit down on mine, all of that goes away. I've broken it to my wife that when I do get another bike, it want it to truly be "another" bike because I really don't want to get ride of my 900. I don't know how I can justify two bikes, even to myself, but it would be nice to get a big touring bike and strip down the 900 to a joyriding machine.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Vetone, what part of PA? I was just down in Wellsboro on the 27th. We rode down from Phelps, NY to have lunch at the Wellsboro Diner. We were planning on spending more time in PA, but the Irene clouds looked ominous so we headed up to Watkins Glen for ice cream before sailing back home. I love the NY Finger Lakes area but I've got to admit, PA's got some beautiful real estate!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
SteveJB, i live about 10miles north of Pittsburgh, Pa, called the Northills. I've been to Wellsboro,Pa it is also called the grand canyon of Pa. You have to go back in the fall and be awed by all the colors of the different leaves. Ride safe. Vet one

·
Registered
451 Posts
My return to bikes after a 30 year break was to a Suzuki C50. Good bike, but quite unpleasant at freeway speeds. Three years later I jumped on (pun intended) a smokin' deal on an '07 LT. What a difference! Great around town and on twisties and backroads, but still okay on the slab. Actually does fine at Washington/Oregon freeway speeds of 65-70 mph. Gets a little busy at 75+ when in other states, but is still stable and predictable. It's just that a little more mass would ride a little smoother.

Power? Yeah, I have to admit that if I'm climbing a 6% grade above 8000 feet elevation at 70 mph, I may have to down shift. That's a small price to pay for all the things the 9 does marvelously well at the price.

And you can buy 3 9LT's for the price of a Heritage Classic. Someone on the forum here claims 136,000 miles on his, and several more are over 40K and counting, so they are proving themselves durable and reliable, as well.

Stay safe and enjoy--it just keeps getting better.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I ride a Honda GL1800 Gold Wing, which I love, but every time I ride my wife's '09 Classic LT, I just have to grin and giggle. I really like that bike. I am 6'2" and wouldn't want a bike any smaller, physically, but it does everything so well. I find myself seriously considering one for myself for riding when not going 2-up or pulling the camper trailer. It's sort of a "feel good" thing on the LT.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts