Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow. So i had test drove a 2012 last fall and found that the throttle was twitchy, power not super noticeable. But with all the posts on Ivan's ECU program, i decided that when i bought my 2018, i would immediately change the pipes to V&H and have the ECU IVanized.

I'm still breaking it in with only 460Km i've put on. But i can tell you the throttle control is vastly better than the 2012 i test drove. And even though i have to keep RPM below 2500, i feel there is a lot of power. It is so smooth to shift, I feel it corners very well in fact better than my previous V star 950. Not that i'm trying but i have not scrapped the floor boards yet even though i feel i'm taking corners that i would have scrapped before on my V Star.

It is such a comfortable ride.

Love it !

·
Registered
201 Posts
I've had my '15 Kawasaki 1700 Voyager for a year. I had an 06 Harley Road Glide, before this one. My last Kawasaki was a Vulcan 1600 Classic. I'm pretty happy with this, and it is stock. I've traded bikes so many times, I can't say any of them is "the Best", but this bike is smooth at idle and rides nice - I don't ride aggressively, and I like to take Wifey, when she isn't riding hers. Glad you're happy - I think you made a good choice!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just picked up my leftover 2018 Voyager and love it. I have put 450 miles on it in 3 days and can say this is my favorite bike of the bikes I've owned. A Roadstar 1600, Vulcan 900, Yamaha FZ1 and the Voyager. I can already tell that I will be putting some serious miles on this bike. I plan on only a few mods, Ivan's in the winter so I won't have to stop riding, backrest, new speakers, and Kyurakyn bar pegs. After that, I'll probably be done with the mods.

I am already planning a Black Hills ride for next June. Can't wait to get the Voyager on the open road and set the cruise at 80 or so and do some state crossing. I wish I hadn't waited so long to get the Voyager. Anyway, I'm just happy with the ride and hope to meet some of you guys and girls on the open road. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts