Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
Although the topic has been discussed to death, I thought I would throw in my two cents about the pulleys. I decided to get both because I wanted the RPMs to go down a lot, not just a little. I had them installed at my local dealer for an easy 200. The RPMs are way down, I can now take a corner in 2nd gear instead of 3rd, and both city and highway driving are greatly improved. There is no lag if you use the clutch correctly and shift at the right time. I know in theory there is a loss of power off the line, but I feel like I'm taking off faster since I don't have to shift into 2nd after only 20 feet or so. I'm even looking forward to getting a bigger rear tire to get those RPMs down even more. In technical terms, without the pulleys the bike goes bwaaah (shift) bwaaah (shift) etc, and with the pulleys, it goes bwaaaAAAH shift bwaaaAAAH (shift) etc.

The only complaint I have is that my MPG did not go up much, if at all. Maybe this is because with the pulleys, I'm driving much faster on the freeway. It's hard not to go 80+. Btw, my speedometer is only 3 mph off at 80. When the speedo says 80, the gps says 83.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
+1.... Love the pulleys and the way the bike rides. Took me all of 2 seconds to get used to the new shift points and really like the gears stretched out. No issues off the line or clutch feel. Riding 2 up with my wife now, and the bikes feels great. Rode a charity poker run this past weekend, and guys couldn't believe my vulcan was a 900. They said it sounded much larger, even at freeway speed. I too am thinking about a 200 size tire (when the time comes to replace) to further lower the RPMs at freeway speed. The pulleys turned out to be a really good mod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts