Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to have the loudest bike in the East Valley. So let me hear what you guys say is the best and the loudest pipes to be installed on the VN2000.

·
Registered
616 Posts
loudest pipes

I'm looking to have the loudest bike in the East Valley. So let me hear what you guys say is the best and the loudest pipes to be installed on the VN2000.
My vote goes to HardKrome 3" big straights witHout baffles , they are ABSOLUTLELY VULGAR and HORRIDLY ABRASIVE!!!!

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have the road burner exhaust, which I think Hardkrome actually makes as well.
But I let a buddy ride my bike and I rode his, he pinned the throttle at about 30ish mph in 2nd and i could feel it in my chest it was so loud. Gave me a chubby, not gonna lie...

·
Registered
616 Posts
loud pipes

Yeah , I would have to agree , I had a set of those once , put them on , started the bike in my shop & took them off , never even took it for a ride LOL THOSE ARE SOME HARSH PIPES TOO much for this old fart

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hard Chrome 2 into 1 ... Loud but not ruin your ears loud until you have had them on for about 2 years... What did you say ?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The loudest pipes are the ones which annoy the most people and turn the most of those who otherwise are positive or neutral about motorcycles and their riders into bike and biker haters.

·
Registered
616 Posts
pipes

I used to be of the attitude that loud pipes save lives!! While Im not happy with the stock sound I DO realize that what MY bike sounds like creates other folks PERCEPTION of me!! Thus I created my own mufflers which I really like They have a real low frequency gentle throb, not offensive at all and yet not the window vibrating/rattling associated with the kids BOOM BOOM stereo systems.
They are a gentle tone that massages your ears
On the highway, should you choose to advance to WOT [who ever does that??} there is a very distinct change in tone to a rather nasty snarl which WILL get attention of the car in the next lane.
Each muffler consists of a combo of TWO diff baffle designs welded together end to end , wrapped with TWO diff densities of fibreglass batts end to end . encased in a steel tube cut the outter casing of a new sacrificial "Cherry Bomb" muffler . then inserted {tight fit} into a 24" polished SS Boom tube and secured with a spot weld on the "wheel' side of the pipe so its not visible.
I actually LOVE the sound AND its unique to MY bike only!!!
OH and I have had many compliments upon the sound , NONE of which have been harsh!!
Maybe I finally GREW up ??? Gee it only took 58yrs LOL

·
Registered
864 Posts
I wonder what the general public is thinking about us anyway loud pipes or not, mostly that we are crazy dont you think ? So at the end of the day if i offend a cager for 15 seconds is it gonna make a huge difference ? NAW i dont think so ! BUT if loud pipes keeps one BLIND idiot from running over me than it makes since.. 2 days ago my brother almost pulled out in front of a biker with me in the back seat ( ya no worries i cuffed him on the head as i shouted STOP DUMB ASS) and im wondering at the time if he woulda heard him since he obviously didnt see him.... Im gonna take every precaution i can from loud pipes to body armor... Bulldozer cause i hate road rash not cause im skeered..

·
Registered
616 Posts
Does the general public think of us in a similar fashion as they think about the LOUD BOOM BOOM stereo owners, that we hear on the streets ?? I dont really know , BUT I know I have ZERO respect for anyone stupid enough to drive around in his car with the noise blasting at 120Db and its NOT music , its just noise!!!
I mean , NONE of our loud pipes could save us from being cut off by those IDIOTS becasue they cant hear ANYTHING but their own noise . In reality those stereos are a HUGE safety hazard , If a fire truck/ambulance were in their path , they wouldnt be able to hear it!!!
In some cities in Canada , they are starting to introduce noise bylaws , aimed directly at bikes. I say BAN the super stereo too!!! fair is fair , lots of those stereos have MUCH higher Db levels than aftermarket pipes!!!

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
In all honesty I don't give a rats ass what people in cars think of me or anyone else who rides a motorcycle. I want them held to the same criteria that bikes riders are. By God, it is the individuals responsibility to watch out for the other guy, it's called defensive driving. Been taught in school for years.

What we are seeing on the roads is OFFENSIVE DRIVING by a bunch of flaming assholes who have imagined entitlement to the roadway and all around it. They simply don't care if we are at risk of our lives. The fact is they don't believe they can be hurt by a bike so consequently we are the ones who have to watch out for them.

If my loud pipes makes some idiot in a car angry well then at least he/she realized I was there. Take a look next time you are on the road at who is doing all the dumb stunts. It is WOMEN, especially young women. Go ahead and call me names all you want to, just pay attention to who is doing the stupid stuff behind the wheel.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I hear you !!!! I almost got wipped out by a teenage girl at 75 mpg , on her cell & doing something with her hair, ALL while heading towards an overpass on a curved section of road !!!! AND I have L O U D pipes , too . She HAD to have known I was there< but just NEEDED to change lanes !!!
This generation has a huge degree of superiority attitude coupled with a large degree of inability , when it comes to driving. ! For the most part , their work ethic follows suit too, as do a lot of their manners !!!
Did WE teach these kids to be this way?? I know I didnt teach MINE to be like that!!!
Damn , Im getting to be a cranky old fart!!!

·
Registered
864 Posts
Now listen guys just cause they are doing there hair, makeup, nails, talking on the phone, texting,driving with there knees or nothing at all thats no reason to pick on them ! Young girls i mean.. And i can say all this since i have 2 daughters 19 and 21 yrs old. The best example i have seen on this generation of the privileged kids was on 60 minutes or 20-20 a while back where a 22 yr old female was being disciplined at her job by an HR person and she called her Mom to come help her and Mom commenced to chew up the Lady that was over HR because her baby girl never in her life did anything wrong.... Hello had it been one of my parents they woulda beat the crap outa me for buggin them never mind coming to my defense at work... We created the monster didnt we ? Not only are our kids entitled but just about every one else under 25 is as well.. With the exception of all the kids belonging to my bikin buddies on this forum, so dont beat me up ok ! Or i will call my Mama... Bulldozer

·
Registered
616 Posts
kids

bull dozer, YOU CRACK ME UP !!!! I had better watch how I rant, I have NO daughters only sons !!!! So during their adolecent years the bathroom schedule wasnt a huge issue !!!! Thank God!!! Must have been hard for my ex, she lived in a VERY male oriented household . Of course she just thought of us ALL, as kids !!! LOL
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
864 Posts
RK you are lucky, so far between them they have wrecked 3 cars and blew an engine up in another one ( Daddy , i know you told me to ck the oil but i forgot where the stick thingy was, and i didnt wana get my hands dirty ) the blown engine bugged me more than anything else and neither one of them was hurt totaling their cars.... Talk about no hair left to pull out..... Bulldozer, just hoping to marry them off..... So i can get my Credit Cards back..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay guy's, looks like we got off track I as all of you know why we install or want to install loud pipes. Here's my deal,,, I want all to hear me comming I want my bike to sound like thunder is about to come down on you.

Yep I'm still pissed off about being downed 8 months ago, would the loud pipes made a diffrence? Don't think so!!!! But mabe IDK! So tell me what's the loudest pipes and do you dig em or hate em. Me I love the mean loud sound always have always will =)

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES is total baloney.
Loud pipes do nothing more than stroke the male ego so we feel good about being obnoxious. Including myself.

Traveling down the highway in a car at 70 mph, windows rolled up, radio going, a/c on high cause it's hotter than Hell in Texas and you think for one minute I'm going to hear your loud pipes as you pass me? Sure, I'll hear them, after you have gone past and scared the crap out of me, at which point I am no longer a threat of any kind to you or your bike. Your pipes did nothing to alert me of your presence prior to your passing me.

The thing I like about loud pipes with a good loud POP to them is parking lots and idiots with car alarms. I can ride through Wal Mart parking lot, rack off my pipes and set off no less than three car alarms while laughing my tail off on the way out of the lot.

When stopped at a traffic light or stop sign, loud pipes don't help the situation any cause everybody is stopped. Traveling down the road loud pipes can't be heard until you are right next to the idiot car driver.
So, having said all that, someone please tell me exactly how loud pipes work to save lives. I don't want to hear conjecture, just hard proven facts taking into account the speed of vehicles and windows rolled up.

The aforewritten(Is that a word?) is simply my opinion and not meant to enflame anyone or cause any anger or discombobulate your opinion. If it does, get over yourself and let's go ride and make noise.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know the real facts on that but as to the bit about stoking the male ego! Ha ha u sid "stoke" A car pulled out infront of me and it happen so fast, who knows if having loud pipes would have helped the dumb ass the helped me to the hot grown that day.

Hey I'm like you! I want everyone to hear my ass comming makes me fill big =)- Heres the thing, a few nights ago I was sitting ing the hot tubs and had the jets off just to be able to hear the night traffic. A bke was passing threw and I have to say it so fucking loud I thought I was at the races really!!!

Okay ! That's where this all comes from, I want what that guy has now I'm telling you guy's his bike was SICK LOUD and I live 4 that's right 4 blocks south off where that bike was motoring on. Sounded like he was in my back yard and I could hear him make it to the highway the he was gone from my ears... What could it have beed to be so loud can my bike be that loud? please say hell yeah...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Oh this is about LOUD PIPES i thought it was about the problems with father hood ! I would venture a guess that there are times when having a set of loud pipes on a bike has caused some one to take a second look like maybe before pulling away from a stop sign. You oughta hear my horn its louder than my pipes and i will garranteee ya they hear it i dont care how loud the radio is.... And who said its about ego i aint got no ego, besides my pipes make up for my hair loss..... Paul i installed mine so the shine on my Pipes would be brighter than the shine on my chrome dome.........Bulldozer, i need to lay off the crack pipe huh

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.