Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 1998 VN 800 Classic, I've had it a while and the only mod is a hypercharger obviously the carbs were stripped and re-jetted and the exhaust are straight through pipes. I never had any issues with it its always been good on runs but recently its developed a slight loss of power when I'm riding with the throttle open after a while its like you've hit the kill switch but only for a second or two.
starts and runs on tick over fine, its almost like when the fuels getting low but this is not the case here.

Just wondering if anyone has come across this at all?

Chris.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does this happen at a sustained throttle position or while accelerating or decelerating? My first thought would be something simple like a sticky float needle or the float height.

There is a pretty big difference between hitting the kill switch and running out of gas. One could indicate an electrical problem and the other a fuel delivery problem.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I would bet it's your 'hypercharger'; I have no idea why it just started doing it but mine did the same thing intermittently too; I took it off and been running stock; not worth the aggravation for me

1 - 3 of 3 Posts