Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
having an issue I could use some insight on. 2009 vulcan 500 has been running fine until i pushed the gas tank to see how many miles before reserve. Ever since, when rolling on throttle (esp after upshifting) the bike will sputter, loose acceleration, backfire and then acceleration will pick right back up. It doesn't happen hardly at all if I keep the RPM's low after shifting. I have changed the spark plugs and drained the float bowls and found no trash or water. Took the carbs apart, cleaned them and replaced pilot jets to get it running back in march. Also replaced the Petcock back in march. Just started learning about motorcycles and their engines this year so very green. Would appreciate any guidance at all. thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
removed the petcock today, didn't appear to be clogged. disassembled it and diaphragm looks to be intact. the negative cable on battery was loose however so tightened it up. went ahead and removed carbs too. bowls all clean, floats intact, main and pilot jets all clean. vacuum valves also look good, no tears or breaks. going to put the tank back on tomorrow and take her out, see how she runs. thanks for the help guys! i'll update how it works out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts