Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of the turn signal bars on my 08 V2K LT are loose. Can't crank the bolts any tighter. Appears the rubber "washers" have dried out and don't provide the thickness needed anymore. Anybody remedied this?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Yep, I cut new washers from a piece of fuel hose. Mainly cos the hose does not degrade any where near as fast usual rubber grommets.
Cheers Ando

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I cut new washers from a piece of fuel hose. Mainly cos the hose does not degrade any where near as fast usual rubber grommets.
Cheers Ando
Thanks, Ando. I was thinking gasket material, but the fuel hose can be cut thicker. What thickness worked the best?

Cheers from Texas!

Pete

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem Solved

Both of the turn signal bars on my 08 V2K LT are loose. Can't crank the bolts any tighter. Appears the rubber "washers" have dried out and don't provide the thickness needed anymore. Anybody remedied this?
Ended up taking the metal races out and grinding them down a bit. This allowed the rubber grommets to cinch tightly. Turn signal bars are now solid. Easy fix.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Thanks, Ando. I was thinking gasket material, but the fuel hose can be cut thicker. What thickness worked the best?

Cheers from Texas!

Pete
Hooo, crikey, good question, I done it about a year ago or so??? I typically apply the the good ole tried and true and very scientific method of 'trial and error' till I get things right, hehe.

One thing I do use is a blade to cut the hose, as opposed to cutters, makes for a tidier outcome

Cheers Ando.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Ended up taking the metal races out and grinding them down a bit. This allowed the rubber grommets to cinch tightly. Turn signal bars are now solid. Easy fix.
^ exactly what I did as well... 2 years, still tight, "easy fix" exactly!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Well, CoOter, they say great minds think alike.

Been checking out the Kawboy tour on the "ride" forum. Wish I could join you, Ponchito, and the others, but will be in sunny San Diego for the 4th. Maybe next time.
Been looking forward to this years round up all winter.. Last years round up was a great time, long needed stress reliever... Met some fine Texas folks and the hospitality was unbelievable!

Enjoy San Diego! I've never even been to California, definitely on my bucket list though! I'm sure there will be more kawboy get togethers for sure.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I sandwiched the rubber grommets with washers, that allowed me to go tighter without breaking them and that was enough

1 - 9 of 9 Posts