Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a new owner to a V2K I have a question.
The front seat is loose at the front and can be rattled up and down. are they all like this are do I have a runner spacer or something missing.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Like Smeds said, is easy to miss the front clip thing that holds the front end. You have to slide it from the rear so the 2 screws basically hold the seat from sliding back and getting loose.
Worse case scenario is that the tab is broken but I would doubt that, it's a very sturdy piece.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Mine has always been like that -loose with a gap between the seat and tank. That's when I'm not seated on it. I can't feel it move when I'm riding.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, that's what it's like. Alright sitting on it but when standing next to it the front can be rattled up and down. There is a good half an inch between the plastic tab on the seat and the bracket.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yup, that's what it's like. Alright sitting on it but when standing next to it the front can be rattled up and down. There is a good half an inch between the plastic tab on the seat and the bracket.
Sounds very familiar. You should be GTG. I have had no problems because of it (bought the bike new in 2012).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts