Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently completed a ride on my 09 900 custom SE and noticed that towards the end of my ride my the exhaust sound was different. i now have 1250 miles on my bike, having had 600 when i began. i replaced the exhaust at 300 miles with cobra dragsters; marbled it until around 600 miles; had my first servicing done at the local kawasaki dealer; installed a FI2000r directly after and, after toying around a couple times, settled the pots to 3-2-1. i had suspicions that i had simply broken the engine in but do not like the "loose/muddy" sound that i now have. i prefer the crisp growl i had prior to my trip. i also feel as if the throttle is less responsive, meaning: my acceleration feels more loose than it did previously. i noticed yesterday that for the first 20 minutes i rode yesterday it felt like it had before but, after hitting the highway, the sound and feel returned to the new, undesirable way. does anybody have insight on the cause, or better yet, the cure to this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
in addition: the trip included a lot of interstate riding at 70 mph, some city driving, and heavy rain.

·
Registered
711 Posts
The only thing that comes to mind is either the FI2000R settings or maybe you some how moved the idle vlave?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I noticed a change in the exhaust sound after about 3000 miles it seemed to have occurred after I did a complete debaffle on the stock exhaust :)

Sorry I know that was ZERO help but I just could not resist.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts