Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I headed off to the beach on Sunday and noticed at first what I thought was excessive tyre noise.When I left the beach this had turned into what I thought was the dreaded belt noise.When I got home I checked it out and the engine pulley nut was loose.So while it was up on blocks I fitted a new twin bearing hub to my 04 and torqued the engine nut to spec,went for a ride and all seems ok.Anyone had this problem?
cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi there
I red here or in an other forum (www.kawasakimotorcycle.org) that a view other people have had the same problem. After the nut came loose some have had problems with the pulley (Kawa have had a call back action), some have had problems with a worn shaft and they weld the pulley tide to the shaft.
If your pulley and the shaft is still ok, may you secure the nut with locktite too.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply,I might be lucky the shaft and pulley did not appear to have much wear.I have tensioned the nut to 130 ft-lb as per manual.
cheers

·
Registered
113 Posts
wow im glad i found this on here my insurance just gave me 4000$ to fix my motor and trans all to find out it was the shaft and gear. i love full cover insurance. so next ? where can i find differnt pullys at scooterwork has none in stock i'm so happy i dont have to spilt the case to fix this 2006 limited vn2000 with 65000 hard miles

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi there

Here is a mail I got from Myron Schneider. His mail address is

[email protected]

Thorsten,you should call me when you have time, im in North Dakota.701-321-9008. I get $429 for the 70 tooth rear and $249 for the 33 tooth front. I pay shipping for in state orders and charge $21 more for Canada sipping and the extra paypal fees. I will send a photo of the rear pulley after this email. Let me know what you would like to do. Thanks...Myron.

You can look also here:

http://store.4x4tuff.com/v2k.html

Called the Vulcan 200cc Store

Have fun

·
Registered
987 Posts
Pulleys

Hey Old German

Did you put the pulley kit on your V2K? If so, did it correct the speedo deviation? My 04 speedo shows 10k faster than GPS and radar. I was thinking about installing the pulleys to make better use of the torque at highway speed.:cool:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hi DANAD

No, I did not (low money at the moment), but I will. I think about the 34 in front and the 70 in the rear.

But you can ask Myron, they call him the "Pulley God". I rted that it correct the speedo and you get a better torque too. You can use your old belt too, you don't need a different size.

Hope that helps. :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Did you put the pulley kit on your V2K? If so, did it correct the speedo deviation? My 04 speedo shows 10k faster than GPS and radar. I was thinking about installing the pulleys to make better use of the torque at highway speed.:cool:
It will not correct the speedo. It overdrives 6% and like you said your speedo is out 10%. If you go to a 180/70R-16 on the back you gain another 2%. My bike reads 110kph and the GPS says 108kph with the pulley set and the tire.

The pulleys are a great addition....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts