Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, haven't been on here in awhile and forget how awesome these forums were!

I was on a long ride this weekend with a couple hundred buddies and ended up lusting after several bikes. Got the bug to neglect my 2007 Vulcan 900 Custom and move on to something else, but realized that with only 10k miles on it, I've still got MORE THAN ENOUGH time left on it. Thinking of sinking a couple/few grand into just upgrading it with the first item on the list being a paint job to change it from cherry apple red to a flat black. Besides a paint job and some cosmetic stuff I like (mirrors, new seat, luggage rack, etc), what do you guys think would "freshen" up my bike? I'm looking at keeping all upgrades total somewhere between $3k and $5k.

I've had no major issues with the bike since I purchased it in early 2013, with the exception of my forks leaking a bit more lately (that's what brought me back here).

So anyway, pie in the sky dreams if you had unlimited resources? Or just basic upgrades that you've done or would like to do to your Vulcan? Any comments are welcome and thanks in advance!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I did a lot of mods to my 9. The two you may to consider first is the seat and changing out the pulleys. I saw a big difference on the highway after the pulley change.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts