Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of the vibration/buzzing and pain my harley gives me riding 2 up on long trips with my wife..

Does the vaquero have any vibration issues riding 2 up? my hands and feet as hers also go numb from the buzzing ,,, it really sucks.. If done everything to "help" it but nothing works,, I've been told by many.. "it is what it is" well with 5 years left of payments,, it isn't so cool anymore..

I know ill be getting the backrest, footboards, and prob the corbin touring seat...

when i bought the bike she had NO intentions on riding,, but now we ride all the time did 1000 miles last 2 weeks together..., and my bike is too small for this..

I love the looks of the vaquero, the smooth ride an drove love love the stereo , defiantly want a fairing bike, ....

any issues with them? are they fully iPod compatible? iPhone compatible? Mpg averages?

I also like the voyager,, but its a lot more money..

Im also looking at the victory cross county,, its also a sweet bike,, (been offered $2000 more for my bike at victory than the best i could get at any kawi dealer...

any advise?? thanks a ton,, tony

·
Registered
497 Posts
Vibration? What's that??? The only time I've been "vibrated" is when I rode a hog. Metrics are smooth as silk. :cool: The Voyager/Nomad/Vaquero offer an IPOD Adaptor. MPG is all over the map for many of us....some report in the low to mid 30's while others hit the mid to upper 40's. If you plan to ride two up, I'd consider the Voyager. The price is great for what you get compared to a hog bagger.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I agree if you travel two up allot the voyager is the ticket. I know Victory is offering allot of incentives right now guess the main thing is be patient.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Ride the Voyager and the Cross Country. The frame mounted fairing on the Voyager makes the slow speed handling and the steering in general a breeze. The huge handlebar mounted fairing on the Cross Country makes the handling heavy and bulky. The Cross Country also had a lot of back pressure and head buffetting with the tour pack installed.

With the 2012s just around the corner and the 1.95% financing Kawasaki is offering you should be able to get a good deal on a 2011 Voyager. The black and pewter on can be make to look a lot like the Vaquero.

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
+1 on getting the Voyager over the Vaquero, if you're going to be doing 2 up riding...gotta keep the missus happy, too!

Same bike essentially, but just more storage space and a much better seating situation for the passenger...my S.O. loves her perch on the VV.

iPod adapter is not iPhone compatible (can't use the phone function, just the music function). That being said, I run an iPod Touch in mine and love the controls for everything right on the left bar.

Again, if you're planning on doing a lot of 2 up riding, go with the Voyager...well worth the extra $$$ for a comfortable ride for your wife!

·
Registered
64 Posts
+++111 On the Voyager, For 2up riding , I have a Vaquero an lov it.
But it,s not very 2up friendly.. All rite for short little ride,s .. Anything over 100mi the old lady,s going to hate it..My wife ride,s her own bike,that,s why i have the Vaquero, GREAT bike to ride just 1up...
But if the wife is going to ride with you,,VOYAGER ..It,s just a GREAT bike made for 2up riding..
Better to get whare yer go,ing an back,,, Then to get back home an bitch about how i wish i got the Voyager....
1up..VAQUERO
2up (DEF) VOYAGER an never look back.

My 2cent,s:D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Woa Woa the dude loves the look of the Vaquero. Isn't there a quick release removable backrest for the V? That with second seat and passenger floorboards, in one minute adjustment you have the best of both worlds. I love the Voyager too. I wouldn't want to pick between them but the V looks so bada$$ with no backrest. What Harley are you giving up for this? just curious.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I opted for a Vaq because the g/f has her own Vulcan 900 so we didnt need the full 2 up monte. AND it's a lot meaner looking than the Voyager, lol. But if you're doing 1000 mile trips with the wife, the Voyager is a smokin deal. It was only about $900 more where I bought my Vaq. You couldn't add the extra stuff to the Vaq for less than $2000 if I'm not wrong. Driving lights, power port, bigger bags, trunk/backrest, taller windscreen, better wind/rain front fairing shape, rear speakers too I believe, etc. And you'll always get some vibes, these and the HD's are v-twins. Although metrics are a lot smoother. LOVE the iPod compatibility, soooo much better with music. If you dont need/like the extra trunk and you like the looks of the Vaq better, get it and spend the extra $ on the backrest and better seat.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My first Vtwin was a VTX 1800, it was very fast, the only HD that gave it a run was the Vrod. BUT !!! it shook worse than a HD Softtail of a friend. Currently I have a 09 1700C which has the same engine as the Vaquero. I find it to be reasonably smooth and comfortable, much better than the VTX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts