Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what to look for going from 900 Custom to a Nomad with a little less than 30k miles. have not gone to look at bike yet being out of town, new back tire and new Vance and Hines bagger pipes according to add. any common noises or any things to check for. found a 2010 Nomad with 1208 miles, this concerns me. seems the 2010 has a couple of recalls but ECU is the one that concerns me. this bike is more than twice as far and twice as much. not sure if the tires need replacing due to age. really looking for a Vaquero but new is all I have been able to find in my area. what about the can chain tensioners?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the 2010 is sold, so still interested in the 2007. any ideas or advice. mainly concerned whether the cam chain tensioner needs serviced.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 08 Nomad tensioners havent been done yet and no problems with the bike at all.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a 2008 Nomad for sale in the classified listings. It has had the cam chain tensioners done as well as swingarm lubrication, and steering bearings replaced.

The bike is located in middle Tennessee, (35 miles west of Nashville) and is priced $ 1100 below book value just to try to move it along. I bought a Voyager and don't have room in the garage for both of them.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts