Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Vulcan Classic 900
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to mount my EDC to my Vulcan 900. I conceal carry but would like having the option of having my carry gun mounted on the bike while riding. Has anyone mounted their gun on their bike? Open to all recommendations.

·
Registered
213 Posts
At one point I belted a spare holster to my tank for my 1911. I just wrapped a leather strap around the tank in 3 places that all tied to the belt loops on the holster. It was solid and worked fine but I got to thinking about how it is probably a bad idea. I've forgotten about and left my $1,500 phone mounted on the handlebars when I've gone into stores before, I don't want to take that chance with one of my pistols. I have a holster belted to the tank of a 4 wheeler along with a Koplin gun boot on the back, but that's a different story because it's purely for riding in the woods.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have one of the small gun boxes with a steel cable wrapped around part of the frame that I run into my saddlebag. I can lock my handgun up safe and secure in the box and it's as secure as I can make it. Someone could steal the whole bike or go through the trouble of cutting a steel cable but who knows what is in the box. Is it a Kimber 1911 or is it a Highpoint? Is it worth all the effort to find out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
There are places where you can conceal carry and there are places where you cannot. I usually carry in a concealed carry pocket on the right side of my cut. I carry on the right side so my dominant right hand isn't tied up on the throttle at a bad time. When I am in a spot where I have to leave my handgun outside it's as secure as I can make it.

The little gun safe is also TSA approved. Make sure the handgun is unloaded and locked up in the safe and that the ammunition is in an approved container such as the original factory ammo box. When you check in at the counter tell the person that you have a weapon secured in you check luggage and they will give you a slip of paper to take to TSA when you take your luggage to them. TSA will check your weapon to make sure it is in an approved box unloaded and that the ammo is in a good container. When you arrive at your destination that piece of luggage will be in an office somewhere waiting on you not on the usual carousel. I added this information because it seems that not a lot of people are taking their weapons with them when they fly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
There are places where you can conceal carry and there are places where you cannot. I usually carry in a concealed carry pocket on the right side of my cut. I carry on the right side so my dominant right hand isn't tied up on the throttle at a bad time. When I am in a spot where I have to leave my handgun outside it's as secure as I can make it.

The little gun safe is also TSA approved. Make sure the handgun is unloaded and locked up in the safe and that the ammunition is in an approved container such as the original factory ammo box. When you check in at the counter tell the person that you have a weapon secured in you check luggage and they will give you a slip of paper to take to TSA when you take your luggage to them. TSA will check your weapon to make sure it is in an approved box unloaded and that the ammo is in a good container. When you arrive at your destination that piece of luggage will be in an office somewhere waiting on you not on the usual carousel. I added this information because it seems that not a lot of people are taking their weapons with them when they fly.
Thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts