Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Finally got to test the new bar. I was pleasantly surpised to see how much taller they are compared to the stockers. Swapping everything from one bar to another was painless aside from the throttle control having a pin I had to file down. The clutch-side grip was easy to take off and I didn't need to use more adhesive when re-installing it. I like the way the bike looks, handles and more importantly, how it feels. My arms are stretched out and my hands are sitting about chest level. The front-end still feels heavy, but I feel it is more manageable now. Now I need new mirrors to complement the new look.

Here's a pic with the new bars installed:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Is it possible to straighten handlebars by applying heat rather than buying straight bars? Bike I have has drag bars and are a bit curved but want to have that long reach ..
Any suggestions?

Mine is a 09' kawasaki vulcan 900 custom

·
Registered
102 Posts
Finally got to test the new bar. I was pleasantly surpised to see how much taller they are compared to the stockers. Swapping everything from one bar to another was painless aside from the throttle control having a pin I had to file down. The clutch-side grip was easy to take off and I didn't need to use more adhesive when re-installing it. I like the way the bike looks, handles and more importantly, how it feels. My arms are stretched out and my hands are sitting about chest level. The front-end still feels heavy, but I feel it is more manageable now. Now I need new mirrors to complement the new look.

If I read this correctly, That pin is there for a reason. It holds the throttle in place. You are supposed to drill a hole in the bars for the pin to sit in.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
What he said!
If you filed that pin off inside the throttle housing. Big mistake!
You should have drilled the bars!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You are over reacting. The throttle stays in place just fine. I did the same to my vn750. If worse comes to worse, I'll simply wrap some electrical tape. Again, did the same on my 750.

Besides, that plastic pin is not load bearing. If it were, it'd break.

·
Registered
90 Posts

Bars look great! Always been a Biltwell fan. I've run their Friscos and Kung Fu grips in the past and loved them. Almost ran the chumps myself but went with a 10" bar instead.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bars look great! Always been a Biltwell fan. I've run their Friscos and Kung Fu grips in the past and loved them. Almost ran the chumps myself but went with a 10" bar instead.
Thank you!

The 8" with the stock 1" riser works well for me. I was rather skeptical at first cause I thought the bars looked too narrow for the bike. Glad I stuck with the Chumps. As for the grips, I didn't even need to re-glue the clutch side. I used PB Blaster to soften the glue and then windex to slide the grip on to the new bar. After about a day, the grip is solid.

I had a bike which I installed the frisco bars on. It was '03 VN750. Bike looked really good with the new bars.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts