Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone added a trunk to their 2010 or newer Nomad? If so I'm looking for ideas. With the way the passenger backrest is designed it doesn't look like it would be easy.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I have a champion trunk thats packed and ready to go. It's high end fibre glass has new hardware in a bag. Need paint and a blemish repaired but your painting whatever you get.
$200 plus shipping........ Wompus racks are the 1st choice for custom setups. Made like a tiger tank....

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
The 1700 Voyager trunk and mounting brackets bolt right on.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
voyager trunk

The 1700 Voyager trunk and mounting brackets bolt right on.
OK Thnx. My local Kaw shop can get it and they gave me a price cheaper then any sites on the Net. Now its a matter of convincing the wife. She doesn't want to give up the passenger handrails. I'm gonna start looking to see if there are 3rd party handrails out there for voyagers.:grin2:

·
Registered
388 Posts
It would be nice if the mounting hardware could be made to work with the handrails. I kinda like how they look.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
OK Thnx. My local Kaw shop can get it and they gave me a price cheaper then any sites on the Net. Now its a matter of convincing the wife. She doesn't want to give up the passenger handrails. I'm gonna start looking to see if there are 3rd party handrails out there for voyagers.:grin2:
Marvellas, but you have to enlarge a couple mount points on the sub-frame, and tap them for the fasteners.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Have you done this with the handrails? if so was it difficult to do?
I watched Marv install them at an AVA rally.

He removed two fasteners on each side, drilled, put oil on his tap, and cut in the threads.

Of course, he is a machinist.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Trunk Kit

Well I'd like to thank everyone for their input. After checking out your suggestions and a few other options, the wife & I decided to go with the OEM Nomad Trunk Kit. Yes it was the more expensive option but it does look good and the local Kaw shop I deal with gave me a nice break on the price, since I bought my bike there and they've done some of the major servicing for me. We took it out last night for a test run and the wife like the extra back support. The only down side is that she thinks she'll be able to shop more when we're out. :eek: The pics that some of you posted of you bikes was a help in my decision. :good: Now I need to start searching for a good luggage rack for the top of it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
102 Posts
Rats! I wish you hadn't attached that picture. Now I may have to get a trunk for my 13 Nomad. Maybe my wife won't see it.
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
I installed my trunk yesterday. Drove from Denver to Albuquerque, installed the trunk, then rode home. Trunk only took about an hour to install. That includes playing the lovely game of 'which bolt works here'. The guy who sold it was a stand up guy, everything was there. I think I was missing 3 little allen bolts for the trim, though I brought my bolts and used them. Anyways, here are the pictures.

Total mileage for the day. I left my house at 0530 and got home 2330.

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I installed my trunk yesterday. Drove from Denver to Albuquerque, installed the trunk, then rode home. Trunk only took about an hour to install. That includes playing the lovely game of 'which bolt works here'. The guy who sold it was a stand up guy, everything was there. I think I was missing 3 little allen bolts for the trim, though I brought my bolts and used them. Anyways, here are the pictures.

Total mileage for the day. I left my house at 0530 and got home 2330.

Looks Good. Dam good price and a nice ride. What more could you ask for!:good::good:

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Nomad2010, trunk looks great. Congrats!

Hayes, I don't see any pics.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
How about this?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Great looking trunk. Really like the colors of the bike too. Very nice.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts