Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a very cherry 09 900 ltd here is hawaii, love the bike--and the forum btw. Have added a cobra luggage rack-(along with kuryakyn pegs, baron engine guard, wolo airhorn, kurin sm-3 for running lights/brakes)
My last bike was an older full touring package suzuki. kidnda got used to a place to lock up my helmet(s)

I am looking to add a lockable top case or trunk that can hold two helmets. Looking for any suggestions on a good product-willing to spend for a good product that would work with or replace the cobra sissybar/luggage rack.(but im not also VERY open to less expensive but works options too!!)..so any suggestions from the vulcan (live long and prosper!) community?
Oh- I do ride 2 up (the mrs of over 21 yrs) on weekends and occasional eveings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If anybody is interested, take a look at Pelican cases.There are a lot of different sizes.They are extremely strong and lockable.Web site is Pelican case outlet.The one near me is in Wixom Mich

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
I have a mutazu. By the time I bought it and had it painted to match, had a little over $300 in it. It locks, does what I wanted. There are more expensive trunks out there that probably have a prettier fit and finish. The one I had was a snug fit for my modular helmet, though. Another one is something like Tsuyaki??? I'm positive I just misspelled that. Maybe someone will correct me.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great-thanks guys

in my intro hello post someone mentioned them also-definitley going to look at the mutazi prob spelled that wrong!

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Can't go wrong with a Harley Tour-Pak! Mutazu, et al, sell clones that aren't too expensive. Put a Wompus rack on the bike, bolt the tour-pak to that, and your golden! That's about as big as it gets, they work great!

·
Registered
222 Posts
I got a Harley Tour Pack for $400 with the quick detach rack which I turned around and sold. Waiting for pay day to order the Wompus Rack and just need some paint.

And you can't beat all the accessories for the Harley Tour Pack.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just picked up an old Vetter trunk off of Ebay. Has the mounts and I am mounting it to the stock Kawi luggage rack. It will hold my 3/4 helmet and jacket. I'm trying to engineer a quick mounting system so I can use it only when needed. It is fairly large but I think it will work really well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts