Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an 06 V2K Classic LT, I have my power socket bolted to the right side of my leather windshield bag. Works well and it it's right up front where you need it!!!

·
Registered
578 Posts
Some of them come with a handlebar mount built in.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Bought a generic at autozone when I had the stock windshield on. Drilled three holes in the mounting bracket on the left side and bolted it on there. Out of the weather, has a flip cover, reachable from either hand, easy to wire in with the acccessory wiring at the front of the tank.

Of course I also had a single socket with dual USB in the windshield bag...

Set up the Quadzilla with dual USB socket, single low amp socket and single high amp socket. All wired via relay to only have power when the headlight is on.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I have a couple of the 12V lighter socket style laying loose on top of the triple tree. Crude but effective.

·
Registered
21 Posts
On the left side of my handle bars is a chromed bullet style 12v plug with weatherproof cap. When I get home I'll take some pictures to show, don't know where to get it though, came on the bike when I bought her. Also, it doesn't look terrible, at least with the windshield on. lol!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I got mine in my saddle bag on a weather proof plug. The wife usually uses it when out an about charging her phone using a long charge lead so she can still listen to music, video, SMS and yes believe it or not yack to her mates on the go too, all still whilst managing to be the speed minder, pointer-outer of interesting things and rude finger gesturer...............................the queen of multitasking, lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]
this ones a little over exposed but im sure youll get the idea.
The knurled piece with the 44mag cases in it is a cap that screws off exposing the socket for use.

·
Registered
24 Posts
socket plus USB port on bar

google the "Eklipse" power socket and usb combo... gives both a socket, plus usb, under a weatherproof cover with an on-off switch so you can charge a usb device without running the bike. the harness also provides a power plug for accessories back at the battery/seat such as heated anything... and very affordable when looking at competitors. i had to search to find one in canada but lots avail in US. works well, can charge ipod even when using it ... :)
good luck.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Picked up a marine (weatherproof) power point from the boating section of the local Wallyworld ($4.99), wired it to the accessory plugs in the headlight bucket with crimp on T-connectors and zip-tied it to the handlebar. Works great and can be removed or reinstalled in a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I mounted my eklipse usb/12v car charger to my right sissy bar upright. That way when I leave the phone in the saddlebag it can charge out of the way. Pics when I get around to it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts