Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad's new puppy thought my dad's vulcan 750's (model year 2000) seat looked like a chew toy. My dad called me (I live a few hours away) and asked about paypal and the internet because he was going to try to find a used seat. This scared me some because he does not even have the internet at his house, so I told him I'd look for him. Anyone have a decent/rider condition seat that fits his bike or know of a good place to look besides e-bay? I'm not sure what years are compatible.
Please e-mail me at [email protected] since there is no room for Private Messages on this forum.
Thanks,
Randy

·
Registered
118 Posts
seat

1986-2006 are compatible, does he have short backrest or tall back rest?
I have access to 2 seats for it they are for a short backrest.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
That seat doesn't look bad in the picture. It has a little scratch. Look up wide Black water proof duct tape. That dog wanted to put his mark on the bike. I'd tape it up and be done with it!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That seat doesn't look bad in the picture. It has a little scratch. Look up wide Black water proof duct tape. That dog wanted to put his mark on the bike. I'd tape it up and be done with it!
Not sure if you can tell by the other random junk the the background, but everything my dad owns is kind of a disaster except for this bike. I'd like to help him out so he can at least have one thing that does not look like it was glued and taped back together.
My dad is not a hillbilly, but he just does not have the funds to fix things properly right now. Hard to tell, but in the picture, the JD tractor is split in half at the rear axle because it blew some gears in the rear housing, its been sitting like that for at least 10 years because he does not have the money to fix it. The bed off his old truck is laying there on a wagon because he is trying to fix it for my younger brother and that is the easiest way to get at the fuel system, but it has been like that for a few years. Just trying to help my dad out a bit here.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not sure if you can tell by the other random junk the the background, but everything my dad owns is kind of a disaster except for this bike. I'd like to help him out so he can at least have one thing that does not look like it was glued and taped back together.
My dad is not a hillbilly, but he just does not have the funds to fix things properly right now. Hard to tell, but in the picture, the JD tractor is split in half at the rear axle because it blew some gears in the rear housing, its been sitting like that for at least 10 years because he does not have the money to fix it. The bed off his old truck is laying there on a wagon because he is trying to fix it for my younger brother and that is the easiest way to get at the fuel system, but it has been like that for a few years. Just trying to help my dad out a bit here.
I understand the challenges you are facing. I think you are wise to concentrate on the motorcycle. It was really hard to get my dad to finish things as well. He needed lots of encouragement. I think he was afraid of being alone so he was dependent in areas he didn't need to be. We were successful in having him concentrate on one project at a time. Planning times to be with him so he had something to look forward to was helpful in organizing him and setting short and long term goals. In retrospect, I think this added to our relationship.

I wish you the best in your hunt for a replacement seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh its not that he will not finish anything. He's actually very busy still. Works full time for the highway department. He also still farms a hundred acres and has some cattle that he shows on the dairy circuit. He also rebuilds tractors for his friends and neighbors in his free time to try and make some money. He works on things 24/7. Just does not always have the funding to do it right. I told him I'd help with this seat because I thought I could find a decent one. He also has my 82 Yamaha Maxium 750 stored for me that once was his that he gave me when he bought this bike new.

·
Registered
118 Posts
seat

just for record almost every part on vn 750 from 1986-2006 is interchangeable, I have that seat for you look at pm

·
Registered
440 Posts
why not just strip the seat and take the pan to an upholsterer?

that way he gets a new seat AND he can have some nice new comfortable padding inserted as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts