Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it's another tire question for the 900 Custom. From what I gather anything is better than stock and I will be needing to get some new tires before next summer. I read a lot about Metz and Pirelli because I like the 200/70 look and a ton of people rav about them.

But here's the thing. I don't really ride that much. I got my Custom 2 years ago and have put on 3000kms. I'm finding it difficult to justify the cost vs the amount of riding I do...which is mostly just city riding with the odd jaunt on the highway - couple hours max.

Here's my questions.

Is it really worth it to buy higher priced tires (Metz/Pirelli) when there is a good chance I will have to replace before I even wear them out due to the recommended 5 year life span?

Are there any other tires out there that I may be able to get a wider look for the rear that won't be a waste of $$ due to my relatively low usage?

Thanks in advance for the advice :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ultimately it is your decision. But if you can logically justify not needing better quality tires given your riding habits, then go with what saves you money.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I get metz 880 and they are so much better than the stock dunlops that it isn't funny. I went for 180/70s. The 200s look nice but the price is too high & I don't want the hassle if the fit is too tight.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Shinko's are relatively inexpensive and sticky. Might see if they have those available in your size. I have them on my Titan and they are actually a pretty decent tire. You wont get the tire life of the Pirelli or Dunrock but your not looking for that any way....

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
buy the best tire that you can afford ... there is a difference ...... in grip , handling, wet / rain performance and wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts