Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just joined site hoping to do some research, thinking of buying leftover VN2000, bikes range from 2005 to 2010, after reading a lot of the posts in this Forum it seems the biggest complints are noise issues and the seat. Have been riding for awhile and owned several big bikes,Road King Police Bike ( hated it ) Honda VTX 1800 and 2 Yamaha Road Stars. Looking for something different from the crowd, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
PS Do a lot of riding with the Bride so want comfort as well as performance.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
ng, welcome to the hood. v2k is half again the bike yor roadstar is/was. if you liked the rs, you will like the v2k. it is a monster. refer to it as the beast. mine is the bear. it is big. are you catchin any drift here? Comfort? there are better. Performance? means diff things to diff people. No,this here beast is all about raw power..tork. 145ft/lbs of the stuff. what did you expect from 125ci 4x5 stroker? if you could make it stik to a wall, it will climb straight up it. It is probably better suited to pulling a trailer... like maybe a 5th wheel type. up that dang wall. Are ya starting to get a picture? most us like em a lot. they certainly be diff'rent. did I mention that it was a BIG bike? yes, I did. out, ponch
ps. am 5-7 agl.(above ground level) pushing a buck eighty. so size aint everthing. attitude me thinks is. big.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Bought mine 2 years ago moved up from 1500 classic. V2k is one big bike but after a short while you won't notice the size. I ride with the bride alot and she loves it. I have been on more comfortable bikes but I think a new seat would take care of most of that problem. I cannot imagine ever wanting any other bike. Hope this helps.

Dave

·
Registered
91 Posts
I just joined site hoping to do some research, thinking of buying leftover VN2000, bikes range from 2005 to 2010, after reading a lot of the posts in this Forum it seems the biggest complints are noise issues and the seat. Have been riding for awhile and owned several big bikes,Road King Police Bike ( hated it ) Honda VTX 1800 and 2 Yamaha Road Stars. Looking for something different from the crowd, any advice will be greatly appreciated.
PS Do a lot of riding with the Bride so want comfort as well as performance.

Thanks in advance,

Rick
Oh you can bet it will perform. I've never felt anything like it from this class of 2-wheeler, from the line to wherever the voices tell ya to back off there is no shortage of torque. Check one of the other new threads from a guy that just took delivery on a 0 mile 08. He posted the dealer info. Seemed pretty reasonable for the 08 LT. I think it was 7600 or so.
There are plenty of choices to control the noise...stock pipes are not a bad option if you don't like to hear all that horsepoop. But there are many other options available. If the bride needs the comfort, like mine did, opt for the Ultimate seats. Hands down the best upgrade I've added. I'm 6'4" and 230 pounds and my rump don't even squeek til about 200 miles. By that time its time to hit the high test pump anyway. Nah, you won't be disappointed with the Beast. Good luck to ya and let us know how it turns out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts