Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've seen a lot of suggestion for new folks that they get an engine guard. I understand the protective value to the bike, and I certainly don't want my bike to go unprotected in any way. That being said, I like the sleek look she currently has, and I think adding a big bulky metal bar would ruin that sleek silhouette. So, I'm looking for suggestion from you folks. What bars do y'all think would go best with my bike, be the lowest profile to still keep the parts safe, and most of all look good? Here are a few pictures of the bike in her current state.

AND the stock image (The only thing different on mine is I've added saddlebags)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/URL][/IMG]

I think that a regular cobra bar would look great:)

Chrome? Or black?

And Mes, I'm not looking for foot pegs, I'm fine with the floor boards, just looking for something to protect the engine in case of a crash.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the Kawasaki bar...
I love how it looks.
I haven't had to test it out yet though :waving:

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have the Kawasaki bar...
I love how it looks.
I haven't had to test it out yet though :waving:

I like the black look on this bike but with your chrome pipes and rims I think I would go with the Kawasaki or Cobra chrome engine guards. Not sure these smaller black roll bars would help much if at all anyway.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
I really like the oem engine guard and did that on mine. But I have also always been partial to the Lindby Bars shape. A little more profile, might be what your looking for. And I think chrome or black would look fine on your ride. Or you can always do what i did and also get some leather engine guard chaps to help with the black accent.

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/lindby-custom-multibar-chrome-kawasaki-vulcan-900-classic-06-and-newer/part/LIN-13903

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/lindby-custom-front-linbar-vulcan-900-classic-06-newer/part/LIN-903-1

·
Registered
35 Posts
Not sure these smaller black roll bars would help much if at all anyway.
I have the black Kawasaki Bar on my 2012 Classic SE. The black OEM bar is the exact same size as the chrome OEM bar. I love the look on my bike, and it did very well in keeping me from dropping my bike while backing into a parking space the other night. Would hate to think what would've happened if I didn't have it. Will post pictures after lunch :pizza::flag::soccerball:.

Go USA! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Chrome? Or black?

And Mes, I'm not looking for foot pegs, I'm fine with the floor boards, just looking for something to protect the engine in case of a crash.
I would say the chrome, Being that you have chrome pipes and turn signals..
you have bags on the back that are wide so the bar on the front would even it out a little with the width.... makes the bike look a lot better IMO:)

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
My experience with and engine guard is they are worth their weight in gold. The 1st time we rode 2 up, and the day after I installed my guard we got into some sand and gravel at a wayside whe turning around, and I tipped the bike over with the wife on the back. Although she (wife) took a pretty good fall off the bike, the bike had no damage whatsoever. It came to a rest right on the engine guard. Paid for itself right there. I'd be curious if the Black engine guards would have shown more damage being painted?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Dirtwiz...
That is the Kawasaki engine guard... just in black.

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
This will not fit your ride. But I wanted to share it because I seen one a few weeks ago and really like the design and integration of the pegs into the bar. Although right now I think they only fit a Harley. So Bash away peeps if ya want.:rolleyes:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/products/582/ergo-plus-engine-guard

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
This one fits the 900 according to the fitment guide. I like the looks over the stock bar.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you put a guard on that bike I recommend a black one.

I put a chrome linbar on mine because I loved the shape, but it way threw off the look in chrome. I balanced it out with a batwing and that still left it looking odd, once I put on fork lowers that balanced it all out.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
If you put a guard on that bike I recommend a black one.

I put a chrome linbar on mine because I loved the shape, but it way threw off the look in chrome. I balanced it out with a batwing and that still left it looking odd, once I put on fork lowers that balanced it all out.
I think that'll be the next purchase for mine, after final painting. I rode a Softail with a Linbar and loved the look of it. With the fairing and wide bags on my bike now, the Linbar would totally complete the look of my bike.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts