Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a good comfortable seat for ling rides, this stock one isn't cutting it. Any recommendations? Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
I just switched to a Saddleman Explorer Special (Saddlemen Part #: K06-11-039)... So far its a 100% improvement over the stock seat. all my tail bone pain from the stock seat is gone. The seat is far from broke in but feels great so far.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've got the Mustang seat and I've never regretted it. In fairness ... I've not had the opportunity to "test drive" others such as the Saddleman or the Corbin but ... the Mustang was a huge improvement over that stock seat.

I bought mine from Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You prefer that over the mustang seat?
I have no experience with the Saddleman Explorer Special, but I would not trade my Mustang Two-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Saddle for anything.

I'm sure warbirds is right - but what wouldn't be a 100% improvement over the stock seat?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've ridden with a Mustang seat before on my old bike (750 ACE Deluxe).... Price was all that kept me from buying another Mustang but but have Zero regrets about buying the Saddleman.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone know the width of the stock passenger seat? Mustang is 12.5", hopefully that is wider than stock. I'm also looking for some passenger floor boards that are offset, maybe about 3" out and 4" forward.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Seat

I have no experience with the Saddleman Explorer Special, but I would not trade my Mustang Two-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Saddle for anything.

I'm sure warbirds is right - but what wouldn't be a 100% improvement over the stock seat?
I couldn't agree more. The stock seat was torture after an hour or so. I can ride for hours on the Mustang seat. I also bought mine from Dennis Kirk.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Seats

I had a Corbin seat on a bike a few years ago and it was great. I understand there is a company called Extreme SEating, and as has been mentioned Russell seats are the bomb. I have a mustang now and it is good but I think there are better seats out there. I have a Saddleman on a Bobber and it is a super good seat. I don't have a lot of natural butt padding and the bones get close to the skin. A good seat on a motorcycle is like good shoes to a City mail carrier, very important.

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
I have a Saddlemen Pillow Top seat available from my 900. I don't think there's more than about 200 miles on it before I sold my bike. I don't think Saddlemen makes them anymore, but this one is very comfortable. I'd take $150. plus shipping for it.

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a Saddlemen Pillow Top seat available from my 900. I don't think there's more than about 200 miles on it before I sold my bike. I don't think Saddlemen makes them anymore, but this one is very comfortable. I'd take $150. plus shipping for it.
How does it compare to the Mustangs? I may be interested...

·
Registered
214 Posts
My seat arrived, took 10 mins to install and off I went for a short ride.

My first impressions

Great support I really like the way the short backrest supports my hips. Out of the box the seat is harder than stock. I know there is a break in period and I must say I cannot believe how much better this seat feels on all of the bumps in our area (filled utility cuts from infill construction). A side benefit for me is the fact that the seat is lower than the stock one. I change my tires a few weeks ago and put a 170 on the back which raised the bike up around and inch. This seat took care of that. It is also not as wide as the stock seat and for me this also a benefit - plus you can really see the fender chrome trim now :)

So far I give the seat a b+ I am fairly confident that once it is broken in it will be an A+ and added bonus it really looks good on the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Seat for 900

I tried a Saddleman but that did not suit me so well. Then I spent the $$ and got a Russell Day Long saddle. Instead of 45 minutes on the stocker I can easily ride gas stop to gas stop comfortably.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 900C had a Mustang Daytripper already installed when I bought it. I never rode the stock seat, but the daytripper is great. 90 minute rides are easy and I'm sure my tank will give out before my butt does.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts