Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have some brands they've had good luck with? went with a cobra unit for my meanstreak but am leaning toward a Dobeck Techlusion unit for the 2k. who gots what out there?

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I'd suggest the Dobeck TFI, call Sherms and talk to Guy, these guys have done amazing things with V2K's and have records to back them up. I got my Dobeck from them, very informative conversation and they were willing to answer any questions even though I hadn't decided to buy from them.
http://www.shermscycleproducts.com/index.htm

·
Registered
92 Posts
I purchased a techlusion box for my 1500 after doing a lot of research. Just about everyone I talked to said that it was the best fit for a kawasaki. After running it on my bike for complete season I could not agree more with them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the input.....

ordered up a Dobeck Techlusion controller from custom dynamics for $191 and some change. Sherms wanted $185 for a tap on unit but I opted for the plug and play for $6 more. hopefully adjusting the unit will be an easy task. putting on the thunder mfg air kit tomorrow and pipes may be here by friday so this weekend I should be enjoying a ride in the California sunshine with the new and improved 2k. the big air kit and controller made about a 30% improvement on the Meanstreak so I'm hoping for the same results. thanks for the input! be safe out there.........

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow!

installed the Roadburner pipes, Dobeck Techlusion fuel controller and the Thunder Mfg. Tornado air kit and lordy it's a brand new machine. pulls a whole lot more than I ever expected. was a decent bike before these mods but now it's an absolute monster! new pipes on ebay were $340 with shipping, controller was $200 or so and the big air kit was just under $220 with shipping. so for about $760 or so you get a incredible improvement in performance over the stock bike, an easy 30-40%. got a week's worth of rain to get through and then I'll give it a prolonged road test. I'll try to get a pic posted here too, thanks again for the input.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Awesome! Yup, definitely need some pics:D

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm having a little trouble believing a easy 30-40% increase in power. I've got the vance and hines power shots, power commander dynojet EFI module and K&N air filter on my Vulcan 2000 classic LT and had it dyno'd to tweek and remap the power commander module. The actual total increase over the stock output in HP on paper is only about 15%. I actually noticed more performance feel when I added some octane boost on vacation this year when I could only get regular fuel.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
don't have to if you don't want to...

haven't spent money on a dyno run, and I haven't even looked at the dyno charts at Thunder Mfg. that maps the hp improvements you might expect. was strictly speaking fom a seat of the pants get out and quarter mile this thing a few times point of view. the improvement was remarkable, I'll stand by my 30% as per quarter mile times. the 40% may have been the pure joy of transforming this bike from a fun bike to a way too fun bike! the techlusion fuel controller may be a better beast than the one you have, the thunder mfg air kit lets in more air than you could possibly need or use and kinda has a ram air effect at speed since it's way out in the wind. not weather proof but much better than a stock box, take a look. the programmable controllers are only as good as the program in it (and tech doing it), the techlusion folk will tell you what settings to use for your specific mods. the cobra controller on my meanstreak made a big difference but they just shrugged their shoulders when I ask what settings to use. the Dobeck Techlusion is a better unit, hands down. my pipes are pretty much straight pipes judging by how way too loud they are, may be less restrictive than the pipes you have. may be my jumps in hp are exactly the same as yours. only way to know for sure would be to go and dyno mine and compare, but it just don't matter that much to me either way. guess if ya ever out California way we could line em up and see. have fun out there and be safe my friend......

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
little red light came on....

had a odd thing happen yesterday on the way home, as I got past the houses and into the pistachio groves I ran the bike up to 90 mph or so and after a moment or two the fi light came on. wasn't running any different, wasn't hot or low on fluids and the performance was unaffected. 5 miles later when I got home the light was still on at idle, turned off the bike while I unlocked the gate and when I started it back up no light. bike's running fine, was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. have an oxygen sensor bypass, fuel controller and intake that relocates the intake temp senser to outside the airflow. it was a 50 degree day, anybody have this happen?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Stage 3 - Horse Power +39.5% and Torque +18.8%

These are best I have seen. This is for a 900 Custom the best looking bike on the road.

:eek:

·
Registered
92 Posts
big&bad.......while I drive a 1500 classic when I added the vance & hines straight shot pipes, techlusion box, and hyper charger you could not remove the smile from my face. I would not even guess what the performance improvement was but I know that I like the way the bike works now!!!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
had a odd thing happen yesterday on the way home, as I got past the houses and into the pistachio groves I ran the bike up to 90 mph or so and after a moment or two the fi light came on. wasn't running any different, wasn't hot or low on fluids and the performance was unaffected. 5 miles later when I got home the light was still on at idle, turned off the bike while I unlocked the gate and when I started it back up no light. bike's running fine, was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. have an oxygen sensor bypass, fuel controller and intake that relocates the intake temp senser to outside the airflow. it was a 50 degree day, anybody have this happen?
The only thing I can come up with is a faulty air temp sensor connection, that can cause that problem on meanies, not sure about V2K's though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
c'mon.....best looking bike?

that is a pretty serious jump in hp. I think the hp improvements are mo' betta on a emission laden California bike, they're more korked up to start with. Thunder Mfg has dyno charts for just about any bike for looking at. those 900's do look pretty good, have you seen the Britt parts for those? be safe out there.........

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
like day and night huh...

a whole different bike after those mods huh. hard to believe there are some folk who just drive em stock, appreciate the info on the FI light thing, will have to keep an eye on that. has only happened once in about 600 miles worth of riding. just kinda panics ya wondering if there's a problem or just a light glitch. bike is running outrageously good though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
a whole different bike after those mods huh. hard to believe there are some folk who just drive em stock, appreciate the info on the FI light thing, will have to keep an eye on that. has only happened once in about 600 miles worth of riding. just kinda panics ya wondering if there's a problem or just a light glitch. bike is running outrageously good though.
Had the exact same thing happen on my Nomad. After much fiddling I resigned and took it to the dealer. Found the connection on one injector was not 100%.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
aaaaaah, that's nice to know. the fuel controller I installed was a plug and play, I'll check the connections next time it happens. thanks for the info, BIG help........

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sure thing but don't get over there too much, I'm in the Fresno/Madera area. if u ever head this way let me know, later bro....

1 - 20 of 22 Posts