Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations for a decent, pretty inexpensive light bar.

I love the look of the Kurakyn (spelling?) Constellation light bar, but don't have the almost $200 I've seen them selling for.

What I'm looking for is something kinda similar, but on a budget friendly price. Let's say under $100, but the cheaper the better.

Must haves:
Bolt on to my bike
Both turn signal/running lights and driving lights. I definitely want to keep the amber running lights up front, at least for now.

Prefer LED driving lights, or have suitable buckets that I can swap in LED units in the future. Maybe a sealed beam type setup or similar.

I've seen a ton of "universal" light bars, but really don't want to buy something and then have to spend a day modding it to fit correctly. I'm hoping someone out there has already figured out a setup that works out of the box that fits what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Look for a Cobra 04-0420 lightbar if you can find one. It is a direct fit for the Vulcan 500LTD and has the spots and turn signals. No modifications necessary. However it may be a bit more than your budget. Good hunting.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmmm... Found one on eBay, but it was advertised as being for a Vulcan 800.

Would a factory light bar from an 800 work the same? I saw OEM parts for half the price of the one Cobra piece available on eBay.

I'm not too particular about my brand, even a cheap Chinese setup would work for me as long as I can swap out for LEDs later.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
Hmmm... Found one on eBay, but it was advertised as being for a Vulcan 800.

Would a factory light bar from an 800 work the same? I saw OEM parts for half the price of the one Cobra piece available on eBay.

I'm not too particular about my brand, even a cheap Chinese setup would work for me as long as I can swap out for LEDs later.
Yes, the Cobra lightbar 04-0420 is listed for a Vulcan 800A model and fits perfectly on the Vulcan 500C/LTD. I got the one on Hidalgo almost 20 years ago and it still looks great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts