Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan VN2000 Classic LT, Silver on Candy Cardinal Red
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Honda VTX 1300 and I've been looking at getting a bigger bike that will be more comfortable on the freeway as its a little under powered for comfort for long periods of time at those speeds. What I've seen in the Vulcan 2000 seems like it should be a good fit for me since I'm not into the full fairing bikes, though I have considered the Victory Cross bikes as well. If anybody who has ridden either the VTX bikes or victory cross roads/country and the large Vulcans has any insight, I'd appreciate it. Additional context, I'm 300 lbs and 6'0", so definitely on the larger side

·
Super Moderator
5,707 Posts
Welcome to the forum from North Carolina. Glad to see you decided to join us. The 2000s’ are nice bikes. Plenty of torque. They are complicated, had a short production run, not many accessories available, and OEM parts are expensive and being discontinued. Just some items to think about. Would suggest a 1700 Classic. Proven motor still in production, ample power, roomy bike, and plenty of accessories and performance parts available. Thanks again for becoming a member of the forum. Be well and Ride Safely.

12 Posts
I wanted to chime in with the following: this bike will easily support your carcass without any issues. I have owned it since summer of 20, and couple of things that I'll be doing on mine- definitely would want a bit nicer exhaust. stock is just too cawkblocked imo, some say it will 'break in' and sound nicer as the time goes on but I don't see it.
You most certainly want to replace the seat with something else, stock seat is horrible. Stock light is a sad little candle, I put cyclops on mine and illuminates like supernova in comparison to the old bulb.
And lest we forget, you will never see another one on the road. So there's that special snowflake factor going on for it as well

·
Registered
2012 Nomad
1,403 Posts
The Vulcan 2000 are nice bikes. It is a little more difficult in finding parts and accessories for.
The Nomad 1700 has plenty of power. It is basically the same bike as the Voyager which is still being made (less the fairing and trunk) and parts and accessories are a little easier to find.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.