Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you remove the trunk on the Voyager? I am looking at a used one and I like the hard bagger look but not so much of a trunk guy. Any other things to look for on this model??? I was thinking about the Vaquero but this used Voyager has me thinking...

Thanks,
Bill

·
Registered
66 Posts
Having just been near the under-trunk area last night (installed rear speakers) I'm pretty sure there are some parts of the frame that extend back there and might take some creative handywork to hide. It didn't look to me like any of the stuff under the trunk was removable without cutting. Admittedly I wasn't looking at the bike with that question in mind, but nothing caught my eye about it. It's easy enough to get a look at, just pop the rear seat off (keylock on the left side frame cover) and you can get a view.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yes you can remove the trunk. That will not get you the look of the vaquero though. You could replace all the trunk parts with the Nomad parts and then have a clean look.

Attachments

·
Registered
497 Posts
Can you remove the trunk on the Voyager? I am looking at a used one and I like the hard bagger look but not so much of a trunk guy. Any other things to look for on this model??? I was thinking about the Vaquero but this used Voyager has me thinking...

Thanks,
Bill
There is a detailed post (step-by-step instructions) on removing & reinstalling the trunk somewhere on this forum (at least I think it was this one). There are a few Voyager forums out there. :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
There is a detailed post (step-by-step instructions) on removing & reinstalling the trunk somewhere on this forum (at least I think it was this one). There are a few Voyager forums out there. :confused:
Hey Top K, what's the name of that new forum out there? :)

·
Registered
497 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Hey Dave, actually I said "few" not new. BTW, the memory in the metal of the Front Fender Tip is causing it to bow out again. :( Will have to work on it again some day.

http://www.voy.com/13854/

http://www.amervoyassoc.org/forum/
Oh gosh I didn't see that. :rolleyes:
"Wow, say it's not so" (just an old saying) The tip is bowing out again. I actually bent mine to just under the width of the finder and had to pull just a little to install it. If you want the good tape you can call "National Cycle" and they will send you plenty of that special tape for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts