Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for feedback...drove a Vulcan 2000 for the 1st time today and was immediately sold. Low end tourque forever! Feels like a Lazy-boy with a rocket strapped to it.

Been riding a Virago 1100 Special last year and a half and didn't even want to ride it home after riding the 2000.

The 2000 has 25K miles, well maintained and has Cobra exhaust and custom intake. Also has new Metzelers with the nubs still on 'em.

This bike is a real step up for me but fits great and feels right. Wondering if the $7,500 price makes sense. Being sold by my mechanic who is a very reputable independent shop. Just looking for general feedback especially on this kind of mileage on a 2006 and input on the price. Thanks.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Looking for feedback...drove a Vulcan 2000 for the 1st time today and was immediately sold. Low end tourque forever! Feels like a Lazy-boy with a rocket strapped to it.

Been riding a Virago 1100 Special last year and a half and didn't even want to ride it home after riding the 2000.

The 2000 has 25K miles, well maintained and has Cobra exhaust and custom intake. Also has new Metzelers with the nubs still on 'em.

This bike is a real step up for me but fits great and feels right. Wondering if the $7,500 price makes sense. Being sold by my mechanic who is a very reputable independent shop. Just looking for general feedback especially on this kind of mileage on a 2006 and input on the price. Thanks.
nice feeling hu? the price on the 2006 seems a little high. but that could be due to all the acceseries on the bike. i think you could get a brand new 2000 for a few grand more. 25k is not a terrable amount of millage but comes the replacing of parts after 25000 miles. i would keep looking around for a better deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Justin,

Thanks for your reply. You make all good points. I will look at maybe something with less mileage or even new and left over. Your point about 25K being the point where parts need replacing is what's got me concerned and the seller has not made clear what the warranty situation is.

David G

·
Registered
553 Posts
Unless it has an extended warranty, I would think at 25K it's out.

I got my '08 Classic LT this spring for 12400 out the door. Taxes and all, brand new.

If you don't mind paying that much, that is.

You probably shouldn't buy the 1st one you see anyway unless it's just a steal. Keep looking. They are out there.

It is a great bike.

Good luck!!! :cool:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks "Dad". Probably not looking to spend as much for new, but, maybe looking for a bike with half the mileage this one has. I did look up the value of the add ons which is somewhere around $800 but even with that at $7,500 for 25K in milieage, you guys are cluing me in that it's too much. Thanks again.

·
Registered
40 Posts
2007 V2k

I got a Vulcan 2000 classic LT 2007 for 12950 out the door with engine guards on back order included. This had 1.8 miles on it, new, full warrenty with the option of 4 more years warrenty, 6 total. Look at it in hello from Pittsburgh in new members.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your input. I did find a 2006 V2K Base Model with no miles (left over) and it's close by my home for $9,500 (plus delivery & tax) so when all is said and done with Cobra pipes and custom exhaust I'm probably looking at 11.5 to 12K. Probably a little steep for me but going to go test drive it tomorrow. The guy with the used one came back with an offer of $5.300 with my '96 Virago 1100 Special trade in(pre tax). I am going to ride the new one but may buy the used one. 3 year warranty is available but has a $25/Month cost. I'm on the fence about the warranty.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts